Airport CEO Alpha 34 released (The R&D Update)

Continuing the discussion from Airport CEO Alpha 34 Released (The R&D Update):

Also the score of the airlines on the fees sucks… keep getting 0% rating and reduced fees a lot…
It seems I need to work for free ? or do you need to offer all service in order to get a decent rating ?
Don’t offer cleaning and de-icing currently…
And also some answer on the problem with the 0% in the scheduler would be nice…

That score is heavly influenced by the delays, if you want to raise that you need your flights to have no delay at all when leaving the gate.

Haven’t almost any delay… needs to be something else

Doesn’t setting resupply slider to 0% and then the disable button after a last truck finally emptied it prevent refilling it?

I just reported bug ACEO-22852 where passengers are stuck at the subway exit (arriving at the airport), because they refuse to use the already existing sidewalk there.
As additional information for the bug, I removed two tiles of sidewalk (the blue ones here in the screenshot) and after they were removed, suddenly all passengers found their way walking the diagonal way marked with a red line in the screenshot. Was surprised I could fix it that way.
After the two tiles are rebuilt, people also use them although still most of them prefer the diagonal way.

Besides, suggestion for the future: Make it possible to give all types of sidewalk the same look - currently, the manually build sidewalk, sidewalk next to car/bus stops and sidewalk in front of subway stations all look very different and the appearance in total hurts my German striving for order. :wink:

1 Like

which slider are you talking about?
This one?

I can not move this slider… no chance, it is not clickable… is this a bug?

EDIT: It is a bug. after open/close the window and changing from ACEO to windows and back, now I can click it…

You cannot alter the slider if there is an incoming supply on its way

5 Likes

Ahh… Thanks!

A tooltip should inform you about that.

I think it should be possible to change it for the future even if supply is on the way.

Self opening security checkpoints came back again… :slightly_frowning_face:

24 closed security checkpoints suddenly opened themselves, requesting loads of staff…
ACEO-22918

1 Like

Anybody else have these overbooking phenomenon?

BTW: I would like to have the totals for baggage unload/load in this screen too.

1 Like

Anyone got this strange passenger behaviour. Mine don’t sit down any more. Just for a second and then try to find a new space to sit down. Over and over again. Reported as Bug but it don’t have the number present at the moment.

yup same here

medium planes still ignore large runways…
instead of using the large runway, which is opened for them, they pile up at medium runway and blocking taxiway for other planes…

anybodey else can confirm?

finally I experienced overlapping flights in flightplanner, too… :wink:
made it happen with manual planning, no auto-planner…

all details in ACEO-22973

1 Like

As I’ve written elsewhere, the airline specific rating is sort of up in arms currently as Alpha 35 features an overhaul of the airline’s fleet setup and some new airlines. This will with the rollout of those changes be fixed so that they are more inline with the overall rating system and thus more reliable.

Unfortunately we must allow diagonal pathfinding like that. There are far too many airport designs out there who rely on those types of paths and early on in the development we disabled it which caused a flood of bug reports. At this point it’s not something we can change and since your pax take that path while the sidewalk is not built, that path is cached and will be used as the default path for a while.

Passenger behavior is heavily improved on all fronts in Alpha 35 and will be a lot better in general.

1 Like

Olof do you have plans about separating arrival and departure passengers and services like;

• Apron busses will drop arrival passengers to a different apron bus stop and pickup departure passengers from a different apron bus stop?
  • Baggage trucks will drop arrival baggages to a different baggage bay and pickup departure baggages from a different baggage bay? (This also includes new type of baggage bay)
  • One way doors that become operational by status of passenger? (Like opens for arrival passenger but locked for departure passenger)
5 Likes

Not at this point, no. What you’re talking of is very complex systems in terms of building and right now we’re working on multi-terminal as the next additional complexity milestone.

3 Likes

But one way doors are coming right? It was mentioned on previous devblog :wink: I can’t wait to break down Alpha 35 and bombard you with bug reports :slight_smile:

6 Likes