Airport CEO Alpha 34 released (The R&D Update)

Oh ok, thanks for keeping me posted :slight_smile:

Can someone show me how to properly place the PAPI lights please. Also, are plane going to go around regardless of runway and PAPI lights? Quick suggestion. I really need timing to be tuned a little bit so the planes can taxi to stands quicker, all turn around services can be handled quicker and plane can leave sooner. I always allow planes to stay on tue stand for 2hrs and planes still delays. Thank you

nice offices!

2 Likes

Is this correct? Tutorial shows all scanners in line, rather than in “steps” (i.e. a bag should only be scanned by the specialized scanners if rejected at level 1)?

With the latest Alpha Build (34.1-1) The image in the bagage tutorial has been replaced with a correct one:

[ACEO-21348 ] - Conveyor belt system tutorial pictures updated to match Alpha 34 requirements

3 Likes

Maybe… could be…
Anyway, whatever it is it should not cause that reaction. I’d like to have a “check requirements” or some other warning, but I prefer the door would not cause a problem at all. Never seen anyone not using a toilet because it has a door.

the floor logo is shown as X - its seems some logos have issues

screenshot:

1 Like

You can find the number in the log.
You can find the location of the log somewhere in the forum, I remember I answered a question regarding this some time ago, but now I am too lazy to search for it.

Are you sure of this? I usually have the bathroom zone include the entry door and never had an issue. If this causes an issue for some, it’s a bug and should be fixed.

As am I. I got an airport to run! :joy:

1 Like

@Alexander
In localizor I found that the key AirportRatingManager.cs.key.9 contains the placeholders 0, 1 and 3. The latter probably came through copy&paste from the similar message for the winning airport. 0,1 and 2 should be correct.
Not sure how it’s in the program code of course, but it might result in the last placeholder not being replaced ingame.

1 Like

GA only airport Operation’s Report #'s

ACEO-21413

When I only have GA at the moment, the Operation’s Report email seems to be pretty accurate except for aircraft refueled: I often get reports that report more aircraft refueled than aircraft processed. But all the rest of the numbers look good with GA only in the report.

Anyone else not seeing the B747 and A350?

Got a bug with the spawning of those, will be fixed in the next update.

4 Likes

I’m really missing the old map system when choosing the airport location. I really liked the old one which showed markers for the (bigger) cities. Why was that removed?

2 Likes

Is it a bug or a feature that the actual time is also displayed in the flight planner when a differetn day than the actual day is displayed?

To me, it’s confusing.

2 Likes

Not sure what’s going on here. The pin is definitely in northern Germany (about 30km north of Magdeburg).
Roughly 60-70km east of Braunschweig-Wolfsburg (BWE/EDVE)
Roughly 120-130km north/nortwest of Leipzig/Halle (LEJ/EDDP)
Roughly halfway (east-west) between Hannover(HAJ/EDDV) and Berlin (TXL/EDDT and SXF/EDDB)

Socotra is an island in the Arabian Gulf (about 5800km away)

1 Like

This was never implemented, the old map showed cities and such as part of the actual tiles but no markers.

Here’s today’s update! Alpha 34.1-2:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 34.1-2

Bug

• [ACEO-20152] - Rounding error of hourly cost in construction panel
  • [ACEO-20531] - Boeing 747 and Airbus A350 not spawning correctly
  • [ACEO-21199] - Average GA rating now has a more weighted impact on GA aircraft spawn ratio
  • [ACEO-21242] - Ratings related to baggage loading and unloading for airlines not properly affected
  • [ACEO-21248] - Various statistics counting results not reliable
  • [ACEO-21251] - Incorrect content type setting can cause waste shipments to fail
  • [ACEO-21296] - Bag content "snuff" incorrectly spelled
  • [ACEO-21326] - Active shipment delivery requests to buildings limited to max five at a time
  • [ACEO-21382] - One-way arrows layered on top of vehicles
  • [ACEO-21392] - Advanced runway lighting upgradeable in runway panel before R&D is completed

Tomorrow we’ll start looking at the issues reported regarding boarding, times, remote and some other operational stuff that are not immediately related to Alpha 34. I’ve indeed identifier a lot of strange behavior relating to boarding (as you’ve reported) which will be patched tomorrow.

14 Likes

What about runway run out of capacity, flights depends on ATCT size? It’s coming out later or…?