Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

New version rolling out now on the experimental branch in response to bugs reported from yesterday’s release! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 35.4-1

Bug

• [ACEO-27520] - Incorrect traffic supply and demand measurements can occasionally spawn certain vehicle types excessively
  • [ACEO-27749] - Passenger check-in desk switching between automated and regular desk during queuing process not reliable
  • [ACEO-27797] - Incorrect measurement of room's secure area number cause employees to stall when fetching staff room
  • [ACEO-27804] - Missing localization key for Nordic airline business description
  • [ACEO-27817] - Uncaught null reference exception in contractor path-finding can cause contractors to stall
  • [ACEO-27822] - Tutorial showing bankrupt CLM airline
  • [ACEO-27824] - Construction material delivery not always reliable when moving delivery offload site after construction process initiated
  • [ACEO-27825] - Poor flight cancellation checks can cause check-in desks and baggage drops not be able to deactivate
  • [ACEO-27829] - Removing escalators does not always separate secure zone areas
  • [ACEO-27831] - Scroll window missing in R&D panel rendering some projects unclickable
  • [ACEO-27841] - New applications can't generate if five or more fired employees of applicant's employee type hasn't left the airport yet
  • [ACEO-27847] - Small check-in desk does not instruct on not being able to handle baggage
  • [ACEO-27850] - Incorrect desk type fetching can cause passengers to stall when moving to gate
  • [ACEO-27857] - When multiple ramp agents work by a single baggage bay duplicate baggage pick-up can cause ramp agents to deadlock in baggage bay offload behavior
9 Likes

CLM will live on!

2 Likes

How much were they in bankruptcy?

2 Likes

Did CLM also own another company named after CLM? If so, they went bankrupt not to long ago as well:
Screenshot 2020-05-12 at 9.47.28 PM

When i close down bus stops, taxi stops and car stops due to excessive queuing on them, NOBODY arrives to airport anymore via 2 subway stations i got.

Also, departing passengers barely ever use them, if other means of transportation are available.

Make them the most preferable way to arrive and leave please. It’s ridiculous that i got about 1000 people at my forecourt queuing to leave the airport when they don’t need to do that.

And thanks for the ramp agent fix :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you bug report that save again? I want to check it in action with the new balancing and do further adjustments.

Well they had a few pretty bad quarters as of 2018 and 2019 but since CLM was an early candidate for emergency testing in Alpha 36 the various blows the company took because of those tests really brought it to its knees and they went bankrupt so hard it could be seen all the way back to Alpha 35 (hence why they were removed).

4 Likes

Anyone else notices that medium airplanes do only start from medium runways if at least one of them is available? They dont use the large option anymore.
For landing they still use large runways too.

Same with de-icing. As soon as there is a medium version built, the free large one won’t be used by medium planes anymore.

Planes are taxiing around the whole airport now instead using the nearest option for both objects.

2 Likes

Alpha 35.4-1 was just now deployed on the default branch! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

ACEO-27927, just sent. For traffic check.

1 Like

Yes. I’ve bug reported it few times. The “allow medium aircrafts” toggle on large runways is ignored.

1 Like

Does anybody notice on the flight planner that you cannot add a flight at around 1800 hours it always goes to 1805.?

EDIT also are hangers coming in Alpha36?

1 Like

This might be a longshot, but sometimes I noticed that one of the cars in the incoming traffic near the tunnel would somehow bug and swerve into the road of the outgoing traffic, thus blocking the path of outgoing traffic. After several minutes, the car would return back to its appropriate path, but at that point outgoing traffic would be backed enough to cause jams.

1 Like

There is mentioned in the dev blog that some long term missing features are coming. Plane maintenance would be one of those. But so far no Information if that provides hangars or not.

2 Likes

Another day, another update. Alpha 35.4-2 rolling out now on the experimental branch!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 35.4-2

Improvement

• [ACEO-27501] - Added extensive error logging to contractor pathfinding

Bug

• [ACEO-27781] - Rare exception can cause autoplanner to break
  • [ACEO-27870] - Franchises cancel contracts immediately at completion
  • [ACEO-27905] - Tulip Airlines BAe 146 night windows misalignment
  • [ACEO-27919] - Left-over inaccessible construction material can cause additional required deliveries to not be invoked
  • [ACEO-27927] - Subway entrance not properly weighted against other transportation alternatives
  • [ACEO-27939] - Vehicles do not spawn if airport is closed despite employees being en route
  • [ACEO-27958] - Incorrect connection point causes stand to not always find security checkpoint connection on upper floors
  • [ACEO-27960] - Missing index out of bounds check for default boarding desk fetching can cause serialization process to break
  • [ACEO-27964] - Swiftly Boeing 737-8 can spawn as Atom Air
  • [ACEO-27967] - Passengers keep using deleted walkalator
8 Likes

Don’t forget SkyFly can spawn as Jumper too. I did bug report it but was the other week.

5 Likes

Gonna need a bigger map to fit all these services in!

2 Likes

ACEO-27905 does this also fix some alignments on Mods?

1 Like

Filed report…

ACEO-27983

PAX can’t find there ways…I have no idea what’s broken…

1 Like

Bug 27986. All my passengers waiting to board an aircraft (aka beyond security check) are frozen after this update.

Edit: It’s all passengers now.

1 Like

ACEO-27992: Pax arrives and leaves immediately. Transport to airport causes issues. With bus stops i got overwhelmed with buses, removing all and building just parking lots stopped people from arriving to airport. After removing the parking lots people arrive and leave instantly via subway without even trying to check in. Also, passenger agents permanently stuck at check in desks, lots of pathing errors for pax and staff. @Olof

1 Like