Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

That totally makes sense and I like it. But for now the only way to cancel an active contract for some of my shops/food franchises is to use franchise zone with control click the shop and delete the room and then put a new one (to change to a different “store”. Is this a bug that you cannot cancel them with a “cancel contract” button on the contract? cuz only some of my contracts are showing a cancel option when selecting the room and I cannot change the shop/restaurant without deleting the room…hope that makes sense. If so will this be fixed soon or shall we wait for A36

1 Like

This is all well and good for medium and large airports, but I found that for a small airport with small stands only the targets are not achievable.

2 Likes

Is that true even for one star contracts?

1 Like

I have a terminal with 6 small stands only and there is enough trade to keep a 1* shop and a 1* cafe busy and still in business. These are on airside, I tried on landside and the cafe was just about profitable sometimes but the shop bombed, so it looks like the PAX are only interested in checking in and wait until they are in departures before they feed and shop.

2 Likes

That’s what I noticed too, passengers usually try to get into secure zone as fast as possible and only then think about spending money.

1 Like

Hi twocflyer, I wasn´t aware of this thread and had about the same issue/question a few day´s ago, but OKChris helped me out. This is the thread I´m talking about: People queuing for the restaurant and missing their flight (only post number 6 and 7 are relevant).

When you open a new shop/restaurant your contract will be active for the next 7 day´s and you will not be able to cancel the contract. There are two options form now: 1) You will reach your target and receive a bonus. In this case, the status will change from “active” to “completed”. It will keep this new status for the rest of the original contract period of 7 day´s. You will still not be able to cancel the contract. After the first 7 day´s the status will change from “completed” back to “active”. But from now on, you are able to cancel it at any time! 2) You will not reach your target and the contract is cancelled automatically after 7 day´s.

So long story short: During the first 7 day´s, you will not be able to cancel the contract. After these 7 day´s you are. I hope, this answers your question. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I constantly get pathing errors because passengers are trying to get from the second floor (departures) To the toilets on the third floor (arrivals) Even though there are plenty of toilets available on their current floor. The pathing errors are almost immediately resolved (I guess they go and search for toilets they can actually reach) but it becomes very annoying of you hear the bell and receive a warning for a ‘solved’ issue every 2 seconds.

So it seems that passengers only seek for toilets or other ‘activities’ based on the horizontal distance and don’t take vertical distance or actual routing to objects into consideration. If there is a toilet only 10m away but on the second floor and the elevator is 200m away to get to that floor. The passenger will still prefer this toilet at 410m (2x200m to and from elevator + 10m to toilet) distance over a toilet on their current floor at 15 or 20m…

I hope something can be done to make the passengers consider the vertical distance and the distance to the nearest spot where they can change floors into account.

3 Likes

Same here. This happens with occupied seats as well. When a person (1) wants to sit down and doesn´t find an empty spot on the departure level (first screenshot), they start complaining they can´t reach an empty seat (2) on arrival level (second screenshot). Which is correct as these two levels are strictly divided (American style). There is only a security exit on the departure floor leading directly to the arrival hall for those passengers that missed their flight (3) and a staff door at the boarding gates, allowing staff only to switch between both levels (4). Instead of a little decreased airport rating (and probably one general message that I should create more seats for the passengers on the departure level), the system comes with a message for each (!) complaining passenger (and these are a lot!) that they can´t reach their beloved seats on the arrivals level.

Screenshot 1 (Departure level):

Screenshot 1 (Arrivals level):

1 Like

I find that janitors are the most ‘stupid’ staff:

1. Warning “A staff member cannot find job site” - go to this, a janitor is standing in staff room, and then immediately starts walking out, towards his job.
  2. Warning “A staff member cannot access secure zone” - go to this, a janitor is standing next to the security guy on the staff gate, then starts moving into secure zone.
  3. Warning " A staff member cannot exit a secure zone" - go to this, a janitor is standing around in the secure zone, and immediately he is seen, starts walking towards the security exit.

Is the error sensitivity for pathfinding raised too high on janitors?

3 Likes

Built an airport an added restaurant and shops. Yet almost no one made purchases. How do solve such a situation.

1 Like

I find arriving passengers are starving. I food counter close to baggage reclaim has massive line ups. Make this accessible to departing passengers too and it will maximise profit.

1 Like

The staff door is your problem. It means your secure area is seen as one secure area, not separated. So path-finding will look to the closest seating or washroom, or whatever in the same secure zone. You need to delete the staff door, and secure zoning under it and any other direct staff connections you have between two different secure areas.

2 Likes

Yes, for some reason staff zones do not devide secure zones into two differnt ones. It´s a very tricky things, because for PAX the Secure Zone is splitted, but at the same time for staff it isn´t …

2 Likes

Ah! That explains it, thanks! And Olof just confirmed this during the Discord chat: “Unfortunately it is, yes. Staff zones are not intended to split secure areas as that would break a lot of rules in the game but I have seen an increase in the number of people to expect it to. It’s something we’re looking at but we don’t have a good fix for it, Alpha 36 will have a new tool for examining areas however that may shed some additional light on what types of designs are possible.”

This means that staff can only switch from one to the other level by going through the security exit and then passing an extra staff security control on the arrivals level (which I have to create as there isn´t any, yet). That´s unfortunate. On the flip side of the coin, the only staff I actually need in the secured arrivals area are janitors. I guess they have to walk a little more and faster from now!

2 Likes

Hard to say exactly what the problem might be without looking at the save. In general, we know that here are some flaws which will be addressed while doing this change.

2 Likes

Any issues with passengers sitting on chairs? Benches?

1 Like

28835 - PAX don’t go through security. They stay in line in the queue and then just leave.

Anyone else got this?

EDIT: But planes leave on time. Boarding completed even though noone has boarded

1 Like

Ok I will do a bug report and send it to you.

1 Like

I don’t segregate departing and arriving passengers airside in my terminals, so they have access to the facilities within the terminal, and once landside, they go to check in to sit in the comfy chairs while waiting for their bags to appear on the carousels, despite there being seating right next to them. They have thus previously had access to whatever cafe has been in the check in area, but still didn’t contribute to its success…

1 Like

This is incorrect, there is no formal passport control when leaving the US, by that, I mean you do not go to an automated kiosk or manned both and have your passport checked or stamped by a CBP officer. Once you check in, you simply go to the gate. For example, I could be flying on a domestic flight, I can still walk to a gate with an international departure, and can walk up and down the same international terminal and use the same shops and restaurants.

Your passport data is transmitted electronically from your airline to CBP, so yes there is a check going on in the background but my point, and how it relates to Airport CEO, is a passenger does not need to have a physical check by an officer in order to access an international terminal and board an international flight.

1 Like