Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

Got error on current bug-reporting. 5 min old airport.

Bug cache full somewhere?

1 Like

Wait, is that like in an hour? :open_mouth:
Yes, finally!!
I am in the USA so I am later than Europe time wise which means it will drop around lunchtime. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Depends. Sunday still has 5 hours left in Sweden.

1 Like

I am waiting. . .
Please, when will it be out???

1 Like

Me too…

1 Like

1 hour and 40 minutes remaining to midnight. That should be the maximum wait time.

1 Like

Soon™ Olof is working though I can see.

2 Likes

Um, okay??
trello says the update is ready:Trello
but there is also the last minute stuff isn’t there!? I hate it, I am refreshing the pages so much! I am waiting away :wink:

5 Likes

Mind if I ask, what is best way to avoid the bus issue or leaving folk behind and needing to manually dismiss?

Is it best remedied by adding more boarding gates so they rush onto the bus quicker, or does long distance cause the bus to leave sooner? Or even is it about the pax not reaching the gate quickly enough so would the shuttle bus gates be best served very close to security search and seating areas to minimise the walk?

Or all of the above! Haha

Thanks - just curious which way is best to overcome this and other players experiences avoiding it :slight_smile: totally understand this will be fixed properly at a later date

1 Like

Building a new airport, anybody know if the fences now serve a function?

1 Like

Not in A35, but very much in A36.

2 Likes

In my experience the remote stand shuttle bus issue is almost exclusively caused by PAX not leaving the queue for a cafe or shop when the boarding call goes out. So make sure that there are enough cash desks so that big queues don’t build up.

I have been signing up contracts with 1.5 to 2 times their requested space and putting in two double cash desks in each cafe and shop and the mega queues are no more, and and big build-ups are dealt with quickly. I use 85% PAX load with no problem, and even tried a couple of times recently at 100% and I haven’t had any remote stand bus issues.

At some point during Beta it would be helpful if the PAX are more evenly distributed over all of the facilities instead of being majorly drawn to one and leaving all the others under frequented, then we can go back to giving the franchise their ideal size selling area and cash desk numbers to suit.

2 Likes

Was having that exact convo about PAX just the other day…

2 Likes

Remember to discuss A36 on the proper page.

3 Likes

Should’ve written I was on the experimental branch, I was just wondering because the description is still the same.

2 Likes

Ah, I assumed A35 given the topic title. As @dewitjur mentions, you switch over to A36 for those. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Have PA system that will double any pax’s movement speed (within their range) if their flight is already boarding.

4 Likes

Tell Olof, not me… :wink:

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Airport CEO Alpha 36 Released (The Emergency Update) [Experimental]