Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

Well we would need a lot more details in order to decipher what is going on, either here in this topic or via mail to us on support@airportceo.com.

2 Likes

Unity sends crash-reports every-time you have a +2h game session atm, on closing the game. Win10, RTX card.

Any specifics that can help you? DxDiag? sysinfo?

“And a personal problem for me, but I notice that the engine gets a bit laggy when it terminates the game. Steam client always freezes whenever I exits from the game”

This I have had for like a year already? It seems the cloud sync is very heavy somehow.

2 Likes

Can you drop the save this happens with to support@airportceo.com?

2 Likes

Here’s the crash dump and the log.
EDIT: From the latest version.

If I load a save and quickly exit, it works fine.

EDIT: Added the crash logs for the previous versions. One of them is a crash in the middle of the game. the rest are crash upon exiting.

3 Likes

Thank you, will investigate the issue! :slight_smile:

Edit: I can recreate the issue with jasper’s save, will see what the issue is and supply a fix.

5 Likes

I have an idea for the reason. I play the game on a Mac in full screen. But in fact there is a black bar on the top and the bottom of the screen. That’s only happening since the 36 major version. It seems like the mouse is acting as the screen wouldn’t have these bars. It would also explain why the mouse position is different from the mouse hover/click position especially in the top/bottom area of the screen (have to click above the button on the X in the bug reporter windows and below the “Send Bug Report” button on the bottom). If you need a bug report, please give me a hint.

2 Likes

Yes me too

2 Likes

Ah,so it’s not just me. Yeah, cloud sync for ACEO needs to be optimized, but I can see how that’s not particularly high on the chopping block atm.

2 Likes

We have nothing to do with Steam’s cloud sync feature, other than directing Steam to the game’s save path. It would more so be a question of lowering the save file size, but that’s a different topic, we cannot affect the actual sync process in any way.

4 Likes

Yeah, but there is something specific for ACEO, since I seem to be only having this problem with ACEO. The CPU/Disk usage of Steam’s client is very high each time I quit/crash ACEO.

2 Likes

I had a franchise employee standing on a runway totally lost. I have no idea how he got there. And until we can pick up people and move them, absolutely no way to resolve it.

2 Likes

Hmmm. The only entrance to my airport without climbing fences is the road. And yet I had a land animal.

2 Likes

Can we get a “fence” analyzer? Tot test were animals can pass through?

2 Likes

animal

5 Likes

5 GA stands, 6 commercial, and this

220 En route flights, with ATC capacity of 25,

4 Likes

What is the count on your Runway? And what is its repair condition?

2 Likes

By count do you mean flights in pattern? And I repair runway daily, so lowest ever was 60%

2 Likes

Yep thats definatly a bug! I hate when that happens :grimacing:

3 Likes

Maybe it would be worth switching them and forcing the player to research emergency units first as a pre-requisite to getting a commercial licence. Would make sense, no real airport would be granted an operating licence without showing they could deal with the emergencies.

6 Likes

I had that too. I’m assuming it’s counting every single planned flight + GA?

2 Likes