Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

We did a major engine upgrade for Alpha 36 in which Unity completely removed this feature for some strange reason, unfortunately. We will rebuild the graphics settings in the in-game graphics panel menu as soon as possible.

9 Likes

Will there be a way to adjust the resolution outside of the game? There are rare cases across different Unity games I found where the engine fails to pick up the native resolution for some players. Sorry if it sounds very specific/niche.

2 Likes

We will store the settings in the game setting data .json, so yes via text editor.

2 Likes

Two minor observations/questions:

1. What is the purpose of negotiating contracts, if you already got the best “deal” out of it (e.g. max fees for planes)? The penalties of failing to negotiate such a good deal isn’t that big of a deal. If there is no other future point, would it be possible to add a button to reject any negotiation for a contract?
  2. It seems that cleaning trucks and catering trucks are very slow when moving around in the stand, as opposed to something like the fuel truck trailer, the baggage loader, or the baggage cart. In service roads, they drive just as fast. Is it possible to speed this animations up a bit?
3 Likes

:smiley: this one works as intended :smiley:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Issue with secure zone design

2 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with secure zone design

Last update of the week rolling out now! Alpha 32.2-8 with the following updates:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 36.2-8

Bug

• [ACEO-31747] - GA aircraft traffic continues despite active emergencies blocking commercial flights
  • [ACEO-31848] - Stand assigned stair trucks do not always claim job task originating from their assigned stand
  • [ACEO-31864] - Baggage bay displays incorrect world notification message when not staffed
  • [ACEO-31865] - Hangars not unlocked with commercial license R&D project
  • [ACEO-31871] - Aircraft can in rare instances deadlock inside hangars after repair completion
  • [ACEO-31887] - Incorrect settings on road check-points can cause animals to in rare occasions sneak in
  • [ACEO-31919] - If a boarding process is terminated without being completed job task is not resumed by other employees stalling the flight
  • [ACEO-31923] - "The scientist" achievement is immediately awarded when enabling sandbox mode
  • [ACEO-31924] - Typo in description of airport utility building

A default deployment is not far away now, we’ll evaluate the health of this version over the weekend and take a decision of a default deployment date starting next week.

9 Likes

Does money should be unlimited in sandbox mode? Before today’s update 36.2-8 it was, now it isn’t.

3 Likes

Good job gevs! Looking great! :wink: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes, it now goes into the negative. But you can still build. So not that critical.

Edit:
ACEO-31941 for the devs, when they are back on Monday. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

where do you find info on staff happiness?

I see info on productivity, skill, bladder, Energy, but no info on happiness…

I’m asking in regards to the steam achievements for happiness above 90%/below 10% with more than 100 staff

@jasperwillem: yeah I’ve checked the emails but not there either. just Productivity and skill %'s in the emails nothing on happiness

so I guess my question is what is staff happiness based off of (measured from)

Ps: don’t forget to like my post @Jet :smiley:

2 Likes

31943 ~ Planes have trouble finding repair hangers with ample room

@twocflyer I just looked around in menus and emails, seems it is nowhere listed. I expected in the operations report.

2 Likes

The happiness is not explicitly shown AFAIK, since it’s a factor of the skill/bladder/energy. It would be nice if having the HR Director would provide insight into the happiness of either individual staffs or the staff as a whole.

2 Likes

ive literally denied any bathrooms to staff, I have all my working hours for staff at 12 hour shifts and only enough staff so that there is no staff breaking. all are working and then have to go to the next 12 hour shift after there 12 hour shift :joy: I have no seating in my airport. I fired all high skilled and only hired very low red skilled staff… all staff are pretty much at very low red for skill, energy, and productivity and bladder. Yet… I haven’t gotten the “less than 10% happiness for over 100 staff” achievement…

:thinking:

I don’t know what else I can do to piss off the staff :joy:

Edit: well I kept firing and getting lesser and lesser skilled staff and finally I got the achievement ! so yeah… never mind

4 Likes

Might help to turn off zone view. I hate zone view since they changed it. Can’t see anything.

3 Likes

After a power outage, self check -in don’t reopen.

5 Likes

lol ok

2 Likes

Today I’ve received “Taking off” in Sandbox. :slight_smile:
Must have happened when I was reloading the savegame.

5 Likes

Ive noticed in the most recent airport that i made that passengers and employees are seeming to be back to taking the absolute shortest route to their destination possible, and are ignoring amenities. Every time i put a shop in my airport they just ignore it and i get maybe 4 sales a day even if its in plain view.
My passengers are seeming to only sit at the few benches that are the closest to the security checkpoint and will only go to the benches next to their gate around 5 minutes before they need to board.

3 Likes