Airport CEO Beta 1 released

Ah, you can, awesome, I am now noting my manual schedule in the name. ~ I really would like to template such times in the stand, then you could have the auto-planner fill the template.

2 Likes

The ability to change a stands boarding desks or other facilities I agree is a real headache it prevents ability to freely and easily expand or improve our airports.

Might a “pause” stand function whilst no flight currently occupying it on the ground, ability to briefly swap or change desks would be a good idea, along with an option to “move all”

Hope this is something lined up to be looked at when the time is right :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would like a “free up object” button, so, it will time out in auto-pause when it can; blocking new assignments on the object (stand, boarding desk, check in desk, etc. )

Maybe all “arriving” PAX can be send home automatically 24h after a flights arrival?

Question; what is your airport shopping %?, like how many PAX visit a shop. I seem not to get it above 10%, even with marketing fully active. Some days its just 6%.

2 Likes

Beta 1.1-2 on Default.

Another non-Bug Reportable bug - previously you could place staff desks inside a Staff Room without specifying a Staff Zone as well - now we have to do both?

EDIT: Previously laying out a staff room also made the staff zone to go with it - it looks like the criteria for placing staff items in staff rooms should be based on the staff room being present, not the staff zone.

1 Like

If I look at the Operations report, I see Franchisee Purchases outstrip the number of PAX though the airport, indicating that some PAX have made two separate purchases at the cafes and shops. Sometimes the Purchases figure is double the PAX throughput… Although the figures may vary with difficulty. I usually play on Medium difficulty.

EDIT:

The last report from my previous build:

1 Like

Can you explain your shops setup in a separate thread?

1 Like

For achievements can you be in sandbox mode?

1 Like

No, not in sandbox mode.

When building terminal block over a baggage belt, the belt is integrated into the terminal.

When you then remove the terminal block, the baggage belt is removed.

That feels inconsistent.

Also, building terminal blocks over belts, still puts walls on the belt :wink:

PAX are using parking space as waypoint; is that intended?

Summary

1 Like

Am I the only one who gets de-icing during summer? Tends to happen a lot of time for me, day and night and in Europe. Could be worth disabling de-icing during summer and spring moths.

1 Like

My catering meal production don‘t start :frowning:

1 Like

Also, is there a way to edit the sandbox conditions while building an airport?

1 Like

A compliment to Beta! ~ Its very impressive the game can push this volume without big issues :smiley: ~ while running on 100% PAX.

7 Likes

I’ve put in a thread in the Airport Designs topic, here

2 Likes

It seems the Shop franchise ‘Quick Stop’ has conflicting rating.

On the contract list it’s 2*,
Quick Stop Contract 1

When you build it, it’s 1*
Quick Stop Contract 2

2 Likes

Same thing with all 1* franchises. Already filed a bug report on this a week or so ago.

3 Likes

Simply close the stand. If you can’t do that due to incoming flights, turn-off auto-schedule for just that stand. Clear flights for the stand (perhaps one day’s worth). Once the last flight has taken off, close the stand and change the desk. Then turn on auto-schedule again.

1 Like

If you ‘simply close the stand’, all the flights allocated to it will be cancelled and your bank balance takes a hit.

When I need to close a stand, most of the time it’s to change the Boarding Desks associated with it (eg swap the medium desk for a small one when installing auto check-in gates). The functionality needs to be that as long as there is one active desk/gate linked to the stand then we should be able to delete others and/or replace them without affecting the status of the flights scheduled to the stand.

Or - provide the ability to transfer all the flights allocated to the stand to another stand that doesn’t have any flights scheduled to it (eg a new one or temporarily to the designated ‘Emergency gate’). This will mean the we can close the stand without penalty and do any changes needed before reopening the stand and transferring flights back to it, if necessary.

2 Likes

Cool. I mean the way how you assign a check in desk or bag drop to a baggage bay or a stand to a baggage bay. That system is in desperate need of improvement. Simplest thing is to have everything happen from the baggage bay and allow multiple selection. So choose “assign check-in desk” and click all the desks you want to assign, job done. Choose “assign stand” and click all stands you want to assign. Job done.

Now you need to open each of the multiple items separately, click the assign, find your baggage bay, click and repeat up to 30-40 times. Then comes the stands…

1 Like

You can select multiple check in desks (and other objects) by pressing SHIFT. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh. Nice.

1 Like