Airport CEO Beta 1 released

How often does a real airport has emergecies? And always 5 at the same time?

Emergencies should be unexpected and not a routine. So it’s good that they aren’t always coming up.

2 Likes

It’s certainly a relief not getting a whole slew of emergencies, but all I seem to get now are ramp agent technical issues and wheel problems.

A little more variety would be interesting - and I’ve not yet had the Air Ambulance visit…

2 Likes

I was more noticing I stopped getting air ambulances altogether.

On another note, @Olof, I just placed a staff room, but it did not lay the staff zoning with it - intentional?

1 Like

Absolutely true what you’re all saying about different secure zones for ARR and DEP in current situation, but I find that has some issues which outweigh the benifits.

• Needing multiple staff rooms for real efficiency, one in Arrivals zone for janitors, service techs and info desk staff.
  • Additional security screening checkpoints for the staff to get into the ARR zone in first place.
  • walk on/walk off stands automatically default to be the same secure zone number as those of the terminal foundations they align to. Whilst remote stands however don’t have that issue as they are numbered as a seperate secure zone. So there may be a bigger issue here that the directly connected (non jetway) stands will always cause the secure zones to merge into one?
  • Airside bus stops similarly to the stand situation have the issue of clinging to the same secure zone of a stand if there is one directly infront of it (using the same bit of road for example)

Speaking obviously as a player and not a skilled developer the solution seems to need to be something along lines of…

• A way of having a staff door between segregated secure zones that do not require a lap of “Secure Exit > Security Checkpoint” so ARR/DEP separate zones wouldn’t be issue, staff can do their shift across the two efficiently and realistically.
  • The directly connected (non jetway) stands some how do not cause the secure zones for walking routes on and off, to merge into same secure zone too.
  • ALTERNATIVELY - some clever wizardry in the algorithm for pathfinding, that ensures a passenger simply will disregard a facility, if they can’t currently find a walking route to it. At moment they seem to look for the nearest within the same secure zone, subject to the issues raised, then they realise they can’t actually walk to it, and cause an error

Appreciate any advice on this in the short term. I’ve only had issues very recently but as I’ve said I think they are only noticeable not thanks to the helpful red icons flagging the issue.

4 Likes

Could you show your “design” of scanners?
Mine is the same as in tutorial

1 Like

Never seen dangerous baggage loaded to aircraft. Some bags go around few times and gets rejected by various tier 2 scanners and eventually either get cleared or destroyed. Most of the bags rejected first actually end up being passed and loaded into aircraft. Either there is a big bug in the scanning AI or there is a mechanism of false positives, but this seems to work. And there isn’t too many incorrectly destroyed bags either.

6 Likes

Nice idea with the infinity loop.
The issue of loading dangerous goods even when all 3 scanning levels are set up is the staff change of the third tier. If the new security comes to late, the bag goes trough. In your layout it will turn it’s circles until a security officer is back at his/her job and will sort it out.

2 Likes

@Pasi Ingenius! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Got stuck on the main screen after I’ve pressed END GAME before the main menu was fully ready… :rofl:

2 Likes

How do you get an airport to be 5 stars?

1 Like

Increase your average airport rating. I don’t know the exact percentage, but I’m assuming it has to be around 90%. 100% would be impossible.

1 Like

I cannot have more than 79%…

1 Like

I thought it was airline rating, not airport rating. As long as the airport is small, its not an issue, the moment push-back delays start kicking in, it is much harder.

1 Like

Honestly, it’s the passengers that are too mean, airline satisfaction is pretty easy to get over 90%, passengers make it hard to get over 85

1 Like

I have the biggest problem with “terminal quality” (I think that’s the one). When looking at all the things your airport is rated on, I know it’s the one with the Diamond as its logo, under the passenger category. I can never get it above 25% (and that’s before the most recent Beta release, which now starts airports out with everything rated 0%). I like to think the airports I build have nice design elements, and I always build the higher-quality versions when available, good balance of greenery… But still, I always suffer on that one metric of rating :frowning:.

4 Likes

I’ve been getting a lot of this since Beta dropped on Default.

Private car drops getting full, but the Bus and Taxi stops are lightly used. The Car Parks are their usual selves, full to the gills and rarely does anyone come back to their car and drives out.

Noticed this happening a lot, too. ‘Person Cars’ coming onto the map and turning back at the first junction. Perhaps because of the Car Park full situation, but there’s a lot more of them than under Alpha…

1 Like

Believe it or not, I actually found the passenger vehicles’, buses’, and taxis’ drop points to be improved :rofl:. Devs have constantly said that this is a simulator and not for realism; therefore, base on the amount of stands you have and the size of aircraft, you will inevitably need a subway system to help (partially because of the amount of passengers, but coupled with how traffic enters/exits the world currently). I find that I achieve I good balance if I have at least half of my gates as “day-only.” This allows for some passenger flow to cool down, and some to filter out of the airport world. I also found that it is best to have minimal turns in the road, and then have one path for drop-off/pick-up only, and then another road that goes to parking lots. I tried to imitate a real airport to every detail (and was able to), but I discovered these little “nuances” with roads help with flow. It may not be ideal at the moment, but I believe it is on system to get an overhaul in the mid-to-later betas.

1 Like

This is my current build. I’ve used something like this previously under Alpha, at that time without the Emergency stands, and the transit provision was more than adequate then, so something has changed under Beta…

FTR 2x Subway entrances, 6x Bus stop, 12x Taxi dropoffs, 12x Private Car dropoffs, 2x Short-term parking, 2x Long-term parking.

1 Like

Looks good! I would suggest a turnoff for the drop-off/pick-up vehicles, just below where they currently turn for parking and drop-off/pick-up. This will separate the parking and non-parking vehicles earlier, which helps a little (at least it does in my saves). I also find that upon most loads, it clears out the parking lots’ vehicles, which congests the outgoing traffic. I have a theory that this outflow of traffic also contributes to how the game handles incoming traffic, and I don’t know the exact rationale behind it. I like to separate my outgoing traffic right up until the last point, but either way, there’s usually a bottleneck of outgoing traffic.

Here is what I have:

1 Like

No, it’s for sure airport rating :wink: on the bottom right you have that. Airline rating depends on airport rating. If you have for example overall airport rating 60% you won’t get 5 stars airlines

2 Likes