Airport CEO Beta 1 released

Wow!!!

1 Like

Minor Q, but will there be changes in the storefront and the promotional materials nearing the full release? The description box leaves a lot to be desired, plus the state of the game development between the previous Alpha and Beta would significantly be different enough that it would entail an update.

And corollary to the release of A36, would we see an AMA in the horizon soon?

1 Like

Are we considering making new planes into the game?

1 Like

Thank you all for the continued support! A new version is rolling out now with a first batch of UI fixes for everything that broke.

Even though the future for Airport CEO after a full release in terms of system content additions is uncertain, i.e. we do not know at this point what kind of demand there’ll be for more content and if it makes sense to add large new components such as cargo from a business and tech perspective, we can let your know that there will be more aircraft types. We won’t go into any more details on this until after full release but there are already plans in motion to bring more variety to the aircraft fleet in ACEO.

Well there will be an obvious difference in terms of the early access section not being there but from a branding perspective there won’t be any immediate difference other than some updated texts and some updated graphics within those text segments. As for the description box we simply don’t agree, we think it’s perfect as it is, being able to summarize a game in a simple sentence is quite powerful and something a lot of other tycoon titles seem to be doing. There’s a whole heap of research done on Steam store front shopping behavior too that suggests that most users go immediately for the trailer and images, rather than spending time reading three sentences of game description.

Yes! We’ll coordinate something with the server admins! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The first beta fix update is out, Beta 1.0-1 (almost wrote Alpha there, lol) with a bunch of UI related fixes - with new UI comes new UI bugs - and then UI fixing updates. Here’s Beta 1.0-1:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 1.0-1

Bug

• [ACEO-31203] - Cannot recolor vending machines in items panel
  • [ACEO-32245] - Double click in main menu not working
  • [ACEO-32741] - New beta UI upgrade incorrectly disabled many UI object clicking features
  • [ACEO-32754] - Small runway not showing directions
  • [ACEO-32764] - "All areas unlocked"-sandbox option makes unlocked areas unbuildable
  • [ACEO-32772] - Default item colors does not set correctly
6 Likes

Bug6

1. The “contract” icon, but in fact a pickup call.

2. “Request pickup at: 2500” when filling the warehouse. And the slider sets the value at which the garbage collection ends. The slider should set the value at which the garbage collector (pickup) will arrive, not the value at which the garbage collection will stop. Otherwise what’s the point?

The picture shows 2400/2500 garbage bags. A truck arrives from the plane to unload, unloads some of the garbage bags, the warehouse is full, he is waiting for the pickup. Was this by design?

2 Likes

I hope the gawd-awful vehicle pathing is on the beta sprint list somewhere. This atrocious fun-killing mess has been around for multiple alphas. The devs have continued to ignore it. Perhaps now, with beta, ignored no more?

2 Likes

Congratulations on beta. Time for a new game without sandbox so I can play ACEO the way it was meant to be!

I think at this point you might want to consider what can be a free upgrade and what can be a DLC as well. Probably not the Train Simulator method of DLC aircraft packs, but perhaps things like cargo handling and maybe even more complex train stations (for air-rail hubs) can be considered.

edit: I have but one request: can fade-in/fade-out transitions either be made quicker, or a switch given to turn them off?

1 Like

All pathfinding systems are up for review during beta and it’s not something that’s been ignored as the previous updates have been about developing new content making the game feature complete so that we now finally can go into a beta period and give all systems of the game a proper QA pass. Looking at the backlog right now we have very, very few reports on vehicle pathfinding issues so I would suggest to you, as I always do, to bug report your issues so that we can have a look at them in action. You could even start a separate topic thread, share a few screenshots of your layout and complaints in relation to that and we could discuss the matter there! :slight_smile:

6 Likes
  1. Try to move “!” :wink: it will change the value when garbage collector arrives

I cannot see garbage, catering and de-icing facilities at the interface :S

1 Like

Did you research them?

2 Likes

sorry i forgot mention that its a sandbox…

1 Like

When you are in the settings menu and you want to close the menu can you make it support pressing ESC to close the menu? @Olof

2 Likes

Btw, @Olof, that terminal validation is still causing a massive lag spike. Game stops for a short blip every 3 seconds or so.

1 Like

Try go to F10 and disable/enable the sandbox toggle again.

Please report save and let me know the issue number in PM. :slight_smile:

Makes sense, probably best with just one slider to set the pickup threshold.

5 Likes

Hi,

under the last beta on experimental, after completing the research tree, de-icing stands, waste depot and catering depots becomes unavailable, which is kinda annoying (Issue #32852). Reported it as no deicing pads available despite the research have been done and some were already placed, but the issue seems to affect the two other type of depots too. I can still order deicing trucks, and reloading the save does nothing at all.

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Is anyone else having the issue of boarding not “properly” starting (the boarding desk says “boarding started” but neither the passengers nor the desk agents budge at all)? I’ve also tested this out with automated boarding desk in sandbox mode, same problem. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, no luck. This has persisted for several versions now so it MUST be something I’m doing wrong, right? But I can’t think of what it would be…

Bug reported as ACEO-32727, attached a description of how to reproduce it…

2 Likes

@Olof, I have submitted bug reports about the horrible vehicle pathfinding. I’ve mentioned it in this forum. All to no avail.

I’ll repeat a previous example (still valid). I have a large airport with all four land areas purchased. In the lower southwest corner was a Vehicle Depot. A gas truck was to exit that, turn left, and go to a Stand right next to it.; a trip requiring about 10 seconds. Did it make that short trip? Oh hell no.

Instead, it drove to the far east side of the airport, then directly north to the northeast most corner, before turning around and driving back to the Stand which was it’s destination. That trip took about 4.5 minutes.

So, yeah, vehicle pathfinding is broken. It’s been broken for a quite awhile. Others have discussed how broken it is. I wish and Fredrik would just take a couple days and just figure out why it is so broken.

1 Like

Please get back to me with a specific bug report number and I’ll have a look at it. It would also help a lot if you could provide some screens as that text does not contain enough information for me to make sure that I exactly replicate the design you have, again, a separate topic would be the best way to deal with the matter.

3 Likes