Airport CEO Beta 2
The second beta version of Airport CEO has now been deployed on the experimental branch which means that the second beta sprint has officially begun. We will during the next one and a half weeks deploy daily updates on the experimental branch with the goal of by the end of this one and a half week sprint deploy the first full beta 2 version on the default branch.
“Wait… what? How does this beta thing work?”
Read the 156th dev blog to get the full detailed breakdown of the development cycle, but here’s the most important part you need to know:
The Airport CEO beta development cycle consists of a series of sprints. A sprint is a short period of time in which a number of planned development tasks should be completed and the ACEO beta sprints are no different. They will last for two weeks (pending no delays…) and contain a series of different planned tasks ranging from performance overhauls of certain systems, plain bug fixing, polishing and or necessary changes to certain gameplay elements. Another type of development task found in one of these sprints can also be “minor” new features that have been planned for some time, such as larger maps or additional world entrances.
When a new sprint starts, a new beta version is released on the experimental branch. That beta version is then maintained with daily updates for two weeks, updates which are comprised of a mix between planned development tasks as part of the sprint and bug reports from both the experimental and default branch. When the two weeks are up and the sprint’s tasks are completed, the beta version will be deployed on the default branch and the cycle starts over. This means that the first release of a beta version we deploy on the experimental branch will contain very few fixes but those daily releases will then eventually amount to a larger bi-weekly default release. The first beta version, Beta 1.0-0, was released today which means that the first beta sprint starts today. If we stay on schedule, this means that we’ll launch a new beta version on the default branch every other week, i.e. every other Wednesday.
Here’s the initial change log for Beta 2.0-0:
Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 2.0-0
- [ACEO-11044] - Small plant and modular sofa corner variation base sprites not updating correctly
- [ACEO-32588] - Tunnel build button available despite multiple floors permit not researched
- [ACEO-33864] - Passport checkpoint build button icon missing variations arrow
- [ACEO-34197] - Staff room does not also place staff zone when built
- [ACEO-34213] - Incorrect prefab dimension causes holiday tree to not be placeable
- [ACEO-34235] - Opening development console panel (F10) enables full sandbox if any sandbox setting is active
- [ACEO-34277] - Saab 340B aircraft cockpit window sprite has incorrect slicing
- [ACEO-33783] - Walls now become solid if placed next to each other
- [ACEO-27478] - All relevant objects covered by a terminal now highlighted when terminal layer is enabled
- [ACEO-34317] - All build buttons and respective preview images have been added, overhauled or adjusted
This is just like with beta 1 only a few of the development tasks we have planned for the second beta sprint and the full extent can be reviewed once this beta sprint is completed. We’ll update and complete this topic with more patch notes and information as development progresses.
Join us in enjoying this beta period!