Airport CEO Beta 3 released

Is the flooring bug fix out yet? Or did I not look throught properly

Edit: Yes it is :expressionless:

please fix the flight situation: if a flight occurs once, it’s not re-occurring. I’m ending up with dead spots in my schedule but all my sched flights say “once.” Please. these flights show up on multiple days and at different times. Very confusing.

And another update on these. It looks like my save is just corrupted. I loaded up a new airport and i was able to order 3 batches of 3 vehicles.

Well, there goes 3 days of play time

Can (and will) happen with beta/experimental stuff. I started three or four new airports with this version that I had to abandon, but in the end, reporting these bugs will make the game better.

1 Like

can you add a one way escalator?
it would be useful for distinguishing between arrival and departure

There have been quite a lot of requests and discussions on ‘one way’ items like this. Due to pathfinding issues, the Devs have said that this sort of thing will not be implemented.

We’re looking into the vehicle spawn issue as of the next update! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Maybe then it will be possible to place the exit from the aircraft parking on different floors (0-1, 1-2, etc.)?

1 Like

It was mentioned that the current solution for passenger separation on jetways isn’t the final one. Would be interesting to know if this is still so. Or at least a switch to change entry/exit side.

You know that you can place walls and other objects between to create a one-way system for passengers leaving the aircraft @Ivan ?
Only the left and the right block will be entered by passengers, the two in the middle can be used as separator.

Dev Blog 145 had this: Dev Blog 145: Passport checkpoints and immigration, self check-in, segregating departure and arrival and more!

Example setup:
In the newest version you even see the lines on the ground for entering and leaving. The door in the middle is staff zone only and can’t be entered by a passenger.

2 Likes

The current solution is the final one.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. :slight_smile:
But please think about the toggle to switch directions. :wink:

8 Likes

The vehicle issue has been found and fixed, pushing a hotfix for it now on the experimental branch. Same version number! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Will walk on walk off stands (no jetway) allow at any stage that same method of segregation as originally suggested when the method was released? With the left and right of door situation? Issue being that secure zones merge using that method on non airbridge stands causing pathfinding chaos.

It is a real shame that we can do one thing with an airbridge but not with walk on walk off stands it holds back our airport designs :frowning:

It is the same concept there. Now you even see an icon in Beta 3.

You can unzone the middle of the door or plot a plant there or whatever you like.

4 Likes

For some reason I’m not able anymore to create a zone on floor 2, when there is no terminal foundation below. Placing objects works normally.

2 Likes

I love it, i’m going to play airport ceo right now. Congratulations for this update.

1 Like

Yes, but the issue was which i had a forum thread about (with some helpful input from @Olof too) was that, for stands with a walking crossing, the secure zone effectively merges from departures, out onto the stand, then into arrivals. So unlike a airbridge, your secure zones merge as one.

For clarity, i’m referring to how on an airbridge stand, segregation is possible and the secure zones do not merge as one.

When they merge it causes head ache with passengers on either arrivals or departures side of the divide, trying to pathfind to bathrooms, shops, desks and another facilities in the oppersite area.

If this has indeed been fixed, brilliant! but I’m just asking if that is the case or indeed will it ever be like that :slight_smile:

Ah ok, no it’s still one zone.

Thanks for attemtping to help though :slight_smile: yer it’s that annoying difference between airbridge or zebra crossing access. Makes segregation such a head ache having to use airbridge or remote/bussed stands otherwise no segregation between ARR/DEP is feasible :frowning:

I adore airport CEO it’s a great game, the enhancements we’re seeing brought in with each update are incredible. I live in hope that the issue mentioned might one day be resolved haha. Segregation without zone merging on walk on/off stands :slight_smile:

Yes, this is a bug. My first post was about it. :slightly_smiling_face: I should file a bug report

1 Like