Airport CEO Beta 5 released

Does anyone else with more than 1 firestation notices that it does not deploy the nearest firetruck to the runway?

I have tried to reproduce it on my test map to make a report, but there it works. While on my changed map, the firetruck comes from far far away and the burning plane can wait almost an hour until the truck arrives.
First I thought it might always deploy the last bought firetruck but this seems not to be the case. :confused:

I’m finding that passengers are rushing to a shop before check-in, not sure if this is covered in what is already fixed :slight_smile:

ACEO-40245

Before 5.1-3, there was a modest amount of passengers realistically using the food and shop outlets before security, with most waiting until in the secure zone needing food and shopping. Now since 5.1-3 it appears passengers turn up at the airport for their flight and almost immediately seek food or shop causing a rush to the food and shops, then not using many after they pass security.

Yeah it has gone back to that for some reason

Also submitted a report (ACEO-40244) as my CPU usage since the last 2 updates have been at 100%

Just started a new airport under B5.1-3 on Experimental branch.

I have a small staff office which I set up before I construct the terminal. There the Administrators and CEO work, and there is also a janitor and service tech to clean up and fix things.

When I build and open the terminal staff room and facilities, the Administrators are seen walking across to the new building to use the staff bathroom there, instead of the one next to their office. Also some staff based in the terminal staff room opt to walk out to the Admin office to use the bathroom there instead of the one next to their office.

I have a similar problem with passengers and shops: Passengers AI go to only one cafe

ACEO-39860

1 Like

No code relating to when passengers will consume services has changed as of the recent versions, so all of that sounds coincidental.

We’re investigating this. Does it happen immediately when you launch the game or on specific saves? What about new worlds?

This will be hotfixed right now before the default version going out soon (beta 5.1-4).

This particular issue should be fixed as of the latest version.

3 Likes

Thanks for responding but something has changed so far as I can see from a player view, maybe there is a reason behind it rather than a bug but something seems odd the change in behaviour since that update.

When passengers get to the airport via transit structures they almost all rush to a shop since 5.1-3. That one shop and cafe now make more sales alone than all the others combined :wink: The facilities went from modest 50-100 sales each on a good day, to now well over 1,000 within only a few hours.

I experimented with placing more than one shop or cafe in the check-in/unrestricted areas but the stampede is always only of each facility, not sure if that might be relevant too :slight_smile:

Could be something relating specifically to your airport layout then, not seeing that behaviour on our test airports. Bug report?

Sure, ACEO-40267 just captured that now after watching the day begin at the airport. First wave of passengers isn’t issue as the franchises aren’t open until 4am (using autoplanner night curfew). The second wave then has the situation of quite a noticable portion of departure customers seeking the shop immediately from the transit structures. Not sure if maybe i’ve an issue with transit capacity? I also noticed it by seeing the secure area franchise sales falling significantly.

Appreciate any advice on this :slight_smile: I had closed the shop and what was a starbucks next door to it, to avoid it happening so they would favour the franchises after security. I also experimented with a second shop (they seem to rush to the shop first and then the food franchise) but they only would ever rush to the most recently built/opened store.

Thanks

2 Likes

Beta 5.1-4 is now deployed to the default branch! :slight_smile:

Patch notes here: Steam :: Airport CEO :: Airport CEO Beta 5.1-4 released

8 Likes

New games are fine, old saves are fine but they were small maps with hardly and passengers. When I launch the game all is good until the loading screen fades out then it rockets to 100%.

Can you bug report that save?

No new version today, by the way, beta 6 will deploy on the experimental branch on Monday! :slight_smile:

I did, ACEO-40244

1 Like

I had thought it may of been arrival passengers causing the surge in demand for shop/food franchises, so i built facilities in the segregated arrivals baggage reclaim areas but doesn’t appear to be the cause.

Looks to be the departure customers arriving in off the transit facilities that are rushing to a shop before check-in, significantly more so than they did in previous save games/builds played on default branch versions.

ACEO-40312 (I’ll not submit any further bugs on this, but thought it may help investigate with arrivals shops there to rule that out :slight_smile: )

ACEO-40316 - Ramp upgrade shows both options and they have the same effect. Example: upgrade an asphalt ramp to asphalt converts it to concrete

ACEO-40318 - After ramp upgrade, planes appear below.
Update: It places several ramps on top of eachother!

ACEO-40317 - Filled waste truck takes ages to leave the waste depot causing a traffic jam of all other waste trucks which have to wait

ACEO-40319 - BAe146 looks completely white on daytime. I have turned off weather effects but it does not make it better. When the sun goes away it gets better.

ACEO-40301 - Same for all planes in the hangar during night. Are the mechanics working with sunglasses?

ACEO-40300 - Planes prefer to take hangars closer to the departure runway instead closest to the gate

1 Like

Bug 40353

I am noticing on a new save all done in 5.1-4, when I toggle the small aircraft switch on large runways (regardless if it is general aviation or commercial) no connectors are drawn from the large runway to any small stands. Like the game does not reflect that the small stands can use the runway when it is indeed intended.

ACEO-40394 Unable to click/select the icons on the terminal overlay to see and edit staff/vehicle assignment. Clicking the icons removes the overlay view and the menu does not appear.

We cannot replicate this, what kind of device are you on?

Microwave

7 Likes