Airport CEO Beta 5 released

Hello again everyone! Thanks for your continued bug reporting and discussion through the weekend (I’ll see if I can get some comments in on your posts tomorrow).

Meanwhile, here’s beta 5.0-2! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 5.0-2

Bug

• [ACEO-38682] - Staff are always assigned to terminals even if there are jobs available outside of terminal area
  • [ACEO-38757] - Tapping the mouse pad on e-mail containers for some MacBook models can cause the management panel to close
  • [ACEO-38811] - Person system updaters removal cause significant lag spike when there's a higher number of persons at the airport
  • [ACEO-38816] - One-way arrows not visible when placed under crosswalks
  • [ACEO-38825] - Flight planner blocker ATC restricting emergencies do not extend to next day
  • [ACEO-38836] - Secure zone can be placed in front of secure zone exits and security check-points causing persons to get stuck in behavioral loops
  • [ACEO-38845] - Removing a security checkpoint whilst persons are passing through can in rare instances cause them to get stuck
  • [ACEO-38859] - Employee candidates can in extremely rare instances take a very long time to generate
  • [ACEO-39035] - Elevator doesn't always connect zones over multiple floors causing false path finding failures
8 Likes

Experiencing the same issue. Seemingly I never have enough ramp agents, despite hiring hundreds, I’m sure of it

I have noticed different behaviours on different stand types when it comes to delays and you use the option “always send away”.

Jetbridge stand:

• Boarding can get aborted when the number of boarded pax reaches a green level. The jetbridge will then disconnect and leaves other passengers waiting at the boarding desk behind
  • or when catering has already started, it waits until catering filled 100% before it closes the boarding
  • Boarding gets directly aborted when baggage cleaning reached 100% before the boarding has started, so 0 passengers can board the plane

However, very effective solution to catch up delays even when it isn’t nice to leave passengers behind

Non-Jetbridge and remote stands:

• Boarding never closes here, if 3 passengers are missing, the plane won’t leave unless you force it manually
  • For remote gates, the bus is standing at the bus stop forever. After sending the plane away manually it could be that you have to reload the game or wait until the next plane arrives to get rid of the almost 100% boaded bus at the stop.
2 Likes

I have this weird issue where I can’t make my employees use a staff-only security exit. As shown on the screenshot, the right exit is zoned as security & staff with the idea that it will be used only by employees. However they still go round the airport (as shown with the path analyzer). Logged as ACEO-39067

I’ve had it happen with the jetbridge stands also.

@Olof @Alexander

Is there any sort of update you could sort to have an aircraft depart dead on time with/without the one or two passengers missing?
I had it happen far too frequently and spent far too much time dismissing aircraft
Odd thing is they are checked in so god knows where they actually are lol

Hey, i really like the Line-up and wait procedure that’s implemented :smiley: Works like a charm @Olof.
Now, is it possible to do the same thing if an departing aircraft is waiting for a landing one.
In my mind it would be. That plane A (departing) Knows when plane B (Landing) has passed him.
And when plane B has passed A. Plane A can then line up, And when B has crossed the hold line for the RWY he gets takeoff clearance.

1 Like

I can confirm I am seeing a consistent behaviour in my saves for all of the items you noted.

Great. May someone can send that in as a bug report? As my savegame is a but overcheatet and would blow up the computers of the developers. And my small airports do not get delays. :rofl: :innocent:

1 Like

Aircraft are currently waiting indefinitely for delayed passengers, we have a system on airside shuttle buses that wait a lot smarter and this will be implemented to regular boarding aswell soon. Aircraft departure will be more reliable at that point and you’ll instead have a negative standing with the airline for those pax that do not make it on time (where it isn’t their own fault).

Not true, buses leave if there hasn’t been any boarding in a certain amount of time. The limit is currently quite high though for testing and will be reduced over time.

6 Likes

Thanks @Olof That’s handy to know that something will be coming up about that. I’m forever having to dismiss aircraft instead of focusing on other things lol.
If at all possible, could a setting be implemented where the user/player can change the departure settings?
E.g Depart on time / 15m after departure time / 30m after departure time
Maybe something like that would be good?

3 Likes

Hi

is ist possible to remove the demolishion Tiles (when demolishing a Structure there are some light brown Tiles left which dissapear over time).

I find it very annoying when building, because sometimes it replaces Runway Tiles and others

That will be fixed today! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Naming the runway, can we name the runway, when the runway has not been changed, it is still 18/36 and 09/27, but we can name the runway by ourselves, such as 33/05, 34/06 :grinning: :grinning:

Hi, Great work so far! I was looking to attempt to edit world size(skipped the last few betas because of life stuff), and noticed it no longer functions(cant place objects even with simulated construction outside the white dotted line). Does anyone have more info on this?

1 Like

We don’t support edited world sizes just because of that reason, stuff breaks… :confused:

1 Like

There is the large map button though, but I assume you want to go bigger…

yeah I was looking to play around with the larger map sizes, but its broke. Not that it truly matters, limit testing is a thing!

@Olof reckon 9 tiles in the future would be possible? :joy::joy:

Every size is possible when you can effort the required infrastructure. :smiley:

We could turn Airport CEO into the new Crysis… Will it run… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes