Airport CEO Beta 7 released

I see, ACEO-40244 was pushed with a fix that might have solved the issue but I guess not then. Can you resend the bug on the latest beta so I can check it out?

Vehicles definitely behaving better now =)

One thing I’ve been wondering now, I don’t know if it’s because of the visiting guests that was implemented or if passengers just prefer shops that are ‘in your face’ ie: in their pathing rather than off to the side… my landside shops have no issues meeting goals now, but my airside shops are barely utilized so once the pax are past security they seem to have no desire to shop.
Should this influence airport design to place more shops landside to cater to the pax AI, or is there more under the hood that should be looked at?

For example, both are around 10AM so the shops have been open for 6hours-ish.
This one is landside in the main international lobby, right in the way of ticketing, security and baggage claim in the basement. easily exceeds minimums

Meanwhile this one is airside and out of the way of passenger pathing, but nearby restrooms and the first class lounge. Barely makes any sales.

Voila ACEO-41071 :))

This has probably been happening since the year dot, but when you have a mixture of small and medium stands in a terminal and similarly, small and medium check-in desks in the check-in hall then the game seems to prioritise allocating medium flights to the small check-in desks.

This causes issues with small flight check-in, as they don’t tend to be pushed over to the vacant medium desks if a small check-in desk isn’t available.

This may cause issues when I switch the baggage handling system on in my airport in The Great Baggage Experiment

Is it worth a bug report so the devs can have a look at it?

ACEO-41074 Pre-security shop very very busy with departing passengers. Similar to bug reported previously appears unchanged so far.

Naturally this gives a perk to the CEO with the great revenue, but it seems to be quite an imbalance.

• 9,427 Passengers processed (Guessing this is departure+arrival?)
  • 9,024 Franchise Purchases (Shop+Food across entire airport)
  • 1,500 sales from the pre-security shop. Almost entirely departure customers, arrivals ignore it.
  • 600 sales from pre-security food (coffee shop) - this seems much more sensible amount.

The 1,500 if we imagine is only 66% of departure passengers since there is 3 waves of flights each game day, and the shop opens just after the first wave is through security already. So that’s just under 3,000 potential departure customers at the pre security shop. The 1,500 is more than half of the departures area shop sales in total. It’s double what the pre-security food franchise achieves.

So The Great Baggage Experiment failed - baggage service enabled, small flights are not checked in on the small check-in desks…

It looks like that, rather than use the non-connected small stands, the small flights are waiting on the baggage bay-connected medium check-in desks to become free, despite the fact that no baggage will be handled for those flights.

I have bug-reported this ACEO-41090

Perhaps the devs could hav a quick look to see if this is resolvable or whether a warning should be posted that this configuration is beyond the scope of the game…

Oh, the no baggage system required for small stands is awesome.

1 Like

I’m not really sure I agree it’s a bug, we need to balance this game for every airport and not for single cases. The entrance area is huge and traffics a lot of people waiting for check-in to being and with only one store (which is kind of unrealistic for a check-in area of that size) you’ll definitely see a lot of passengers there as the waves pass through. I’m not sure I agree that the numbers are that unrealistic, but I have made additional tuning (specifically to how long they’re shopping) - however, with one shop in a large check-in area with hundreds of passengers who’re looking for something to do, a lot of them will want to visit that shop.

As for the departing passengers, I agree that some very low number of them would be interested in doing something after leaving the secure zone. This does not seem to be the case as of now, which I’ve also changed.

2 Likes

We’ll see how it fairs in -4! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last update before another weekend! Here’s beta 7.0-4…

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 7.0-4

Bug

• [ACEO-41030] - Passengers gets teleported from transit items on load causing them to sometimes end up in blocked off segments
  • [ACEO-41031] - Passengers spawning at jetways are visible on above floors for a brief period
  • [ACEO-41032] - Staff can on very rare cases get incorrect permissions causing pathfinding to fail
  • [ACEO-41051] - Incorrect road node fetching can cause vehicles to get stuck or roam
  • [ACEO-41073] - Passengers getting information at information desks can enter airline lounges they do not have access to to do so
  • [ACEO-41081] - New connection update system does not trigger correctly when altering certain ATC related settings on objects
  • [ACEO-41083] - New connection update system does not trigger correctly when object construction is completed
  • [ACEO-41086] - Missing null reference check in validator for road type can cause contractor shuttles in extremely rare instances to deadlock
  • [ACEO-41093] - Vehicles do not align their trailer when parking in a stand waiting position
  • [ACEO-41098] - Parking lots do in rare instance not update their walkable area causing passengers to not find paths

Improvement

• [ACEO-41071] - Optimized pathfinding to reduce CPU load on some significantly complex airport layouts
  • [ACEO-41074] - Slightly improved passenger leisure (eating, shopping) activity selection
6 Likes

Airport is now working!
Still rocketed to 100% CPU after loading had ended but this time I let it run for a minute, alas still 100%. I then paused the game and left it for about 30 seconds and unpaused. The game no longer ran at 100% and was fine!
I also found a group of passengers who couldn’t access a baggage bay that their bags weren’t at and built a path so they could access it and the CPU usage went down a bit more.

Can airlines actually cancel their contract with you as of now?

I haven’t used remote stands in a while so I don’t know how long this has been happening:

B7.0-4 on experimental branch

ACEO-41128 - Arriving passengers from remote stand fly across terminal to security exit.

All other passengers from attached stands go the long way round to the security exit…

~ Can you post a print screen with zones enabled? ~ Jasperwillem

O.O that’s a new one, then again I have not played ACEO in a while

Are you sure that the path is correct? Those cases usually happen when they can’t find the correct path.

1 Like

Yes. All the PAX from the jetway-connected stands follow the correct path. Most of the PAX from a Remote Stand bus follow the path shown in the image above.

The path analyser shows the correct route (via the stairs to Level 1, etc…) and it passes.

ACEO-41136 - The Catering Trucks only use one Caterting Depot.
I’ve got four Catering Depots, one for each Terminal. But the Trucks takes the long way to drive to only one Depot. The roads between the terminals are not connected. (Beta 7.0-4)

In Beta 6 there wasn’t this problem.

I had to shut down the catering at my airport since they all kept going to the one depot that serves a smaller terminal and is in a pretty convoluted road area which worked with lesser traffic, but not with 40 stands worth of trucks going to it. They were also ignoring terminal assignments…

Maybe it’s more personal preference with the franchise balancing :slight_smile:

The joy was short lived as it’s now back to pre-security shop/cafe (1 of each type, departure customers only)
Shop Sales 1,500+
Food Sales 300-400

Secure area shop sales (total for around 3-4 of each type, departure customers only)
Shop Sales 500
Food Sales 900

EDIT: The issue is if the passenger hasn’t a seat available to wait for check-in (when they pause at the transit structure waiting to walk into terminal), they will instead of waiting, stampede to the shop immediately and use up the demand immediately :wink:

There will be far more important things to tweak and focus on I’m sure. But I’ll live in hope that a tweak might be possible to prevent this “waiting outside, craving a shop” situation, maybe it’s a side effect of the improvements made to franchise demand over reason versions. Ideally if passengers only start to crave franchises once they start walking to in like usual. Unless of course it’s a chair shop :wink:

Enough seats for every passenger waiting to check-in
Shop sales pre-security = 229

Not enough seats for every passenger
Shop sales pre-security = 1100+

Where are your catering trucks parked? It seems they have to drive a very long distance just to reach the depot and get loaded. It’s better to keep them parked next to the depot.

Then the stand usually deploys a catering truck which is parked at the closest catering depot for the stand.

1 Like