Airport CEO Beta 7 released

Good evening all,

Beta 7.1-3 rolling out now on the experimental branch with the following fixes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 7.1-3

Bug

• [ACEO-41370] - Certain aircraft emergencies can in rare instance not spawn or resolve fully
  • [ACEO-41371] - Airport logotypes not visible under asphalt or concrete taxiway nodes if playing with "exterior object edge smoothing" disabled
  • [ACEO-41375] - Certain buildings not correctly rendered in planning mode
  • [ACEO-41376] - Stands still allow commercial flights after switching to GA setting
  • [ACEO-41406] - Business logotypes are not spawned correctly from the objects panel
  • [ACEO-41421] - Catering and waste trucks ignore terminal assignments when interacting with depots

Improvement

• [ACEO-41412] - Logos are now placeable directly on grass
10 Likes

Thanks. I just experienced this as well. So I will check after update if it will be solved. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

Bug report 41321 & 41432 -

1. Runway decoration on corners is covered by concrete/asphalt (can see on left, hidden on right corner)

1. Can’t place concrete/asphalt “under/around” 45 degree taxiway ramps anymore. We use to be able to.

And while I’m here, Messing around with a new airport, and having fun testing Beta 7 out… LAX inspired Departure/Arrival landside Area. Thought I would share the design.

• Lots of parking
  • Fun vertical circulation Towers w/ escalators, elevators, small restrooms, & Staff office on bottom and top floor…
  • Sky Bridges

All where the Pax and staff come to and leave the airport :slight_smile:

The images line up over one another…after clicking on one and then use the arrow to cycle though each image, you can see how its all connected :slight_smile:

Images

Floor -2 Staff Parking

Floor -1 Long Term Parking (Arrival)

Floor 0 Short Term Parking (Departure)

Floor 1 Sky Bridge (Departure)

Floor 2 Sky Bridge (Airline Lounge/Admin offices)

Floor 3 (Roof)

Runway/Parallel Taxiway areas - mirrored on other sided

A larger view of the over all landslide area of the airport with stands and world entry for perspective (Roof Level)

PS.

The aircraft need to stop short of the Hold short line :rage: my OCD is killing me… and the hold short should be far enough back to no allow any of the aircraft wings to cross over it when they are landing/… lol sorry my 2 cents for the year

9 Likes

[ACEO-41392 1] - Baggage bay connection check in tutorial can in rare instances fail due to legacy verification method

Unless I’ve missed something obvious, I think I still have this bug on 7.1-3

2 Likes

Will have a look at it asap!

Update: Sometimes you amaze yourself… That said, bug is fixed :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Experimental Branch B7.1-3 ACEO-41448

I am getting ongoing issues with check-in warnings for flights:

I have a terminal with 7 small stands and 2 medium stands. These have 11 medium check-in desks to handle the passengers for the flights on those stands.

When I get the alerts I check the Check-in hall to see what is happening. I usually find a couple of PSAs standing at a desk which is currently open for another flight, wanting to start work.

In this particular instance, Coast 2 Coast flight CC417 (I think I said CC416 in the bug report, mea culpa) is not allocated to this desk - it is not allocated to any desk - and there are 6 desks with no current flight allocation, including this one with no flights on it at all.

In most cases, eventually the waiting PSAs will give up, the PAX for CC417 will not be checked-in and the flight will leave empty. In this (rare) case, the previous flight check-in finished in time for the check-in for CC417 to open and the flight completed successfully, but the AS806 flight previously allocated to the desk appears to have been bumped off.

Later:
Another warning, this time for the previously-bumped flight AS806…

1 Like

Will have a look at it asap!

Update: Sometimes you amaze yourself… That said, bug is fixed

Thanks for taking a look… Verified steam files and on the experimental branch (7.1-3), but the tutorial is still not progressing and seems to be consistent across a few different games (started a new game on each point release). A minor annoyance though, I admit.

Worth submitting a bug report? Could be a completely different issue with the same symptom or it could just be something wrong with me :upside_down_face:

Me also! Experimental branch B7.1-3 ACEO-41457

Also, the text needs updating. Nowadays, you can only place baggage bays and the other items in the baggage security system in a secure area; and the baggage belt overlay is now invoked by pressing the ‘B’ key.

No no, what Alexander meant is that it will be fixed in the next update (-4). It was a very obvious oversight in the step verification code.

2 Likes

Good evening, here’s beta 7.1-4 (experimental branch):

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 7.1-4

Bug

• [ACEO-41397] - Stands not connected to a baggage bay with a baggage claim area connection do not display warning in stand display
  • [ACEO-41413] - System does not highlight to player that departure transit output is too low causing passengers to appear arriving and then immediately leaving due to delays and closed check-in
  • [ACEO-41423] - Wind direction of windsock is not consistent with weather panel and runway headings
  • [ACEO-41432] - Asphalt or concrete tiles cannot be placed beneath runway ramps
  • [ACEO-41433] - Staff can have a maximum GPA score of 2.0 out of 4.0
  • [ACEO-41435] - Part of runway approach light renders below decoration tile
  • [ACEO-41437] - Tutorial indicates baggage bays can be placed outside secure zone
  • [ACEO-41438] - Stuck and then teleported service vehicles with an active job task cannot always return to service vehicle area stalling the job task
  • [ACEO-41451] - Service trucks can in extremely rare instance not complete a job task due to displaced baggage bay entry point

Improvement

• [ACEO-41415] - Slightly improved pathfinding calculation speed for terminal layouts with excessive amounts of floor transition items
10 Likes

Thanks Olof and Alex.

Updated and it’s working again.

5 Likes

Yeah sorry for the confusion! Generally, when I say fixed, I mean with the next patch if nothing else is stated :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Blockquote
[ACEO-41432] - Asphalt or concrete tiles cannot be placed beneath runway ramps
[ACEO-41435 1] - Part of runway approach light renders below decoration tile

NICE! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bug Reprot - didn’t submit cuz not working again.

Using Control + Copy/Paste Mode with walls does not delete the walls. but works for other things

2 Likes

Um…

2 Likes

wait until you have 15-20,000 pax stuck in your airport :rofl:

3 Likes

oh yes, i got it more than one time and my CPU was just before a meltdown for a very long time.

1 Like

Hi all, pretty new to the game, but I love it. Only thing is, for the updates, are they done automatically or do I have to download and apply them myself? Cant really find anything about that, but I might be missing a button somewhere…

1 Like

Updates should be automatically downloaded when you start ACEO. If they aren’t check you have automatic updates switched on in your Steam settings.

1 Like