Airport CEO Beta 7 released

I think there should be a limit for passengers when they can still enter a shop or not, regardless of the zone. We know it ourselves. If a shop is extremly full, we don’t make the risk to miss our flight. It is true that some shops attract more customers than others. Nevertheless, the AI ​​should always evaluate beforehand whether it can afford it. I spend a lot of time to keep the distances as short as possible. But I have the feeling that I cannot influence it because the AI ​​simply does not behave rationally. My other shops are partially ignored, although everything is within walking distance of the gates: toilets, different snacks, bars and shops. They must only go to their gates and they have everything there. I expect from a tycoon game, that passengers miss their flight when I place the shops too far away. That’s what we do in a game like this. We optimize everything, especially short and efficient routes. I hope so much the developers will keep an eye on it before they release that amazing game.

Any reason why the CRJ200 bugs are getting declared as “no bug” or “won’t do” on Jira? Is this aircraft going to be scrapped?
Currently it seems that all CRJ in Beta 6 and 7 appear as Edwards Bay. Default and Modded.

1 Like

I assume you’ve already found out but multi livery now works just like it did back in the days! :slight_smile:

@Fredrik?

Let’s hope so! :slight_smile:

Even with refreshed contracts?

1 Like

Hmm I suspected it was related to an old bug. When people load their old saves it can spawn the incorrect airline due to outdated contract. We get tons of these bugs unfortunately. But this actually seems different. Let me get back to you.

EDIT: Found it, next update will include fix. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks

My other question regarding ML and Beta 6 is already answered by internal tests. :smiley:
No problem.

I will later check if Edwards Bay Embraer still has the Coast2Coast Livery, that happened a few days ago in B6 for a new accepted contract too.

1 Like

I’ve found and reported a bug (but annoyingly forgot to write down the number). I’ve got a save where passengers cannot find a path if the only route involves stairs or an escalator. This means I have to use lifts everywhere, which is really limiting!

I had this issue on another save in Beta 6, but it looks like it’s still present in Beta 7 (the save I reported it in is a new game started in Beta 7).

We’re looking into that, will supply a fix tomorrow.

Beta 7.0-1 with the latest fixes rolling out now!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 7.0-1

Bug

• [ACEO-40752] - Stand upgrades cannot be invoked despite sufficient funds if menu is opened before funds are sufficient
  • [ACEO-40753] - Some draggable items can spawn funds texts at incorrect positions when placed
  • [ACEO-40764] - Jetway construction can in certain instances remove wall tiles on the floor beneath
  • [ACEO-40766] - Passengers can in certain instances disembark on floor underneath jetway and get stuck
  • [ACEO-40773] - Departure and arrival markers on stand immediately spawned when stand is built
  • [ACEO-40784] - Objects placed underground enable lights if lights are triggered when viewing ground floor
  • [ACEO-40833] - Aircraft pahtfinding analysis tool does not work in all directions
  • [ACEO-40840] - Missing parenthesis clamp on logging statement can cause airside shuttle buses to get stuck if flight is cancelled
  • [ACEO-40866] - Previous snack desire adjustment for passenger a bit too much
  • [ACEO-40940] - Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft always spawn with same livery
5 Likes

When I have large map I can see the void on the right side, it’s going on only on ‘grass ground texture’, nowhere else. I tried changing worldsize and for example ‘dirt or snow ground textures’ are centered with worldsize, but ‘grass ground texture’ always stay in the same position and worldsize expand to the void.

Will you take look at it? It’s really annoying. :expressionless:

1 Like

I hope the huge increased cost to 133 for a fence segment was accidental and not intentional.

New day, new version! Here’s…

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 7.0-2

Bug

• [ACEO-40724] - Passenger satisfaction program boost not applied correctly
  • [ACEO-40742] - Roads of different foundation type can in rare instances be layered on top of eachother
  • [ACEO-40832] - Transportation vehicles uses incorrect position for fetching node to occupy when waiting for transit structure entry potentially causing deadlocks
  • [ACEO-40835] - Tree color overlay does not match ground foundation when snowing
  • [ACEO-40851] - Spawned ramp agent dummies can appear in the hire employee panel causing system confusion and hired ramp agents not to appear
  • [ACEO-40858] - Service truck job task positions are considered outside of baggage bay area which if not covered by terminal can cause simulation stall
  • [ACEO-40868] - Baggage claim room reachability check not covered by interface system
  • [ACEO-40894] - Environment ground texture does not cover entire world on large maps
  • [ACEO-40895] - Water can be frozen despite of warm weather
  • [ACEO-40938] - Persons will not use escalators if built in sandbox construction mode
  • [ACEO-40949] - All aircraft in fleet not properly displayed on certain airline contracts
  • [ACEO-40963] - Missing null reference check in catering truck load quantity check can cause catering truck to stall

Improvement

• [ACEO-40847] - Blocked certain status updating systems reliant on construction changes from updating when no construction has happened to improve performance
  • [ACEO-40971] - Baggage handling set to not a requirement on small stands even if globally enabled
7 Likes

Yeah I did a test and they way I named my aircraft folders work :slight_smile: yay!!! GAME CHANGER with ML working again!!! Thanks soooooo much!!!

3 Likes

In case of issues due to excessive RAM usage, @twocflyer 's mods might be the cause.

And finally we do not need a baggage system for small stands… That’s amazing.

2 Likes

[ACEO-40971 3] - Baggage handling set to not a requirement on small stands even if globally enabled

So we don’t have to have all those baggage trucks running around with only one bag on it for a Cessna flight? :sunglasses:

I’m going to have to do some testing and see if I can run a small terminal with both small and medium stands on it, no baggage handling for the small stands and a mixture of small and medium check-in desks in the Check-in Hall. The game should be able to distinguish between small desks for flights on the small stands and baggage-bay connected medium stands for the medium stands…

EDIT: The Great Baggage Experiment is live - here

And the small check in desk still has a purpose after baggage system for medium and large is active.

Then, how is the impact on the baggage service rating?

Good point - I’ll monitor that too - might take me a couple of days, but I’ll let you know.

EDIT: The Great Baggage Experiment is live - here

1 Like

Great work! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

excuse me???

Grass on my airport is back after update !
Thank you very much !

hds
:flight_departure:

1 Like

ACEO-41037 Check-in suddenly stopped for all passengers, unable to spot a clear cause as no changes to airport at the time of it stopping just after the save game.