Airport CEO DLC's (Cargo Feature and Historic Times Feature)

Hi everyone and especially @Olof and @Fredrik,

I really hope that the development of this great game won’t stop once it leaves the alpha stage. I’m sure that many players would appreciate additional content and it’s also a great way to boost your revenue. I’m sure you guys have thought about it already and I know it might be a bit early but I wanted to write my ideas down before I forget about them. Of course other folks are welcome to add their ideas for DLC’s as well.

First one and certaily I won’t take credit for that is a Cargo DLC as it has been requested many times in the forum already. I understand it’s not planned for the main game as of now so it would make a great DLC. Add cargo planes infrastructure and airlines to the game and you could easily charge 8-10 bucks for it.

Second one I can’t remember reading this one in the forum somewhere but I apologize if someone came up with it already and I missed it is a historic DLC, let’s call it “A Travel through time” for now.

To start off, players would be able to choose their starting year when creating a new airport, for instance 1960. I’m sure it would be possible to change the day and year display ingame to month and year, so Day 1, Year 1 would become January 1960. As there are 12 days in a game year right now and the seasons act acordingly, why not change them to JAN-DEC. This way players would be able to develop their airports over the decades and watch aviation evolve. Historic fleet data could be added to the airlines json-data files, for example “Boeing 737-200, 1969-1987; McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30, 1972-1994; etc” which means flight offers with these kinds of planes would only spawn within their years of operation. This is already a cool thing when it comes to the default airlines in game right now, but think about the possibilities for modding. Modders could recreate real and also historic airlines with historic fleets, liveries, logos etc that change over time and eventually disappear or are being founded. I certainly would love to see a Pan Am 707 or a TWA TriStar landing at my airports and I would certainly pay between 10 and 15 bucks for something like that.

If you thought about it yourself already - great! If not, why not keep it in the back of your heads for later.

4 Likes

Intresting, I would buy these!

3 Likes

I have been thinking about cargo DLC aswell. The historic DLC also sounds very interesting, but probably much more difficult to develop.

3 Likes

I think we should receive most of planes even old ones for free, but DLCs like: cargo, retro style (adds different objects to game from old times and once times passes by newer items and more modern ones appear) should be implemented, aircrafts are something should come free I think…?

2 Likes

like the idea of retro maybe they could change the cars to older ones as well

but how about if they add hangers to the game maybe another dlc called war in the sky’s where it takes place during ww2 (basically like a ga airport but now with medium planes (bombers) as well) and most nights a raid comes in and you have to repair parts of the airfield (this adds realism but also means you are likely to use cheaper stuff as less repairing cost) and you get a monthly payment by the government

2 Likes

I second this!

1 Like

ooo i like

1 Like

maybe there could be a new turn around of bullets and bombs (maybe large and small variants like jet and avgas fuel)

1 Like

This is an airport game, not a airbase game

1 Like

Not sure if this is the retro DLC u meant but I posted one a few months ago with images. Here’s the link: Classic DLC concepts (fan art)

1 Like

Nice work! No, I didn’t see it.
Having historic planes is of course one side of it, the other is to see my airport and aviation evolve over the decades. I don’t wanna have a 707 standing next to an A380, what I’m thinking about is rather to start somewhere in the past and then move through the ages of aviation and see new models and airlines come and go. As of right now, the game is great but also a little static. You have your amount of airline contracts and then you will fill up your stands - no surprises. But what if you were in the 90’s and had many flights with PanAm for instance and then they would disappear because of bankrupcy? A nice touch that makes it a little less static. Also the amount of flights offered should increase over time. And wouldn’t it be great to see new models come? Imagine being in the 50’s and dealing with a few turboprop aircraft only until you get the first offers for flights using the first generation jet aircraft? Or moving along through the 60’s and 70’s and see the first version classic 747’s coming to your airport. Jet bridges wouldn’t be available before the 60’s, etc, etc. Not a complete change to the game, just a nice touch. I would love something like that.

1 Like

SimAirport

1 Like

I would very much prefer to stick to this little masterpiece :wink:

1 Like

I would like to have a music DLC as well to the other ones. I like the current soothing jazz-like tunes in the background. Let us have some more and support the artists that made the current ones a bit more - they deserve it!

1 Like

can we have a sound track dlc thing?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say no to DLCs. BUT, I think they must be worth for their prices by their content. So not something like “here is a skin DLC for 80 $” type of DLC.

So I agree on Cargo and Historic Times DLCs.

Cargo DLC can contain;

• Brand new cargo system from ciy transport to airplane
  • Cargo airplanes
  • Cargo stands
  • Cargo service staff
    etc

Historic Times DLC can contain;

• Historic airplanes
  • Historic objects
  • Historic game elements
  • New airlines
    etc
5 Likes

My dad would have turned on the radio, back in my days I used winamp…
can someone explain what music DLC would make better?

1 Like

A music DLC made by the same artists that make the game soundtrack to enhance it. Just for those, who like to support artists that did a great work. just some more tracks complementing the ones we already have. If you like to listen to radio or a CD or some mp3s from your disk…well, that is up to you. Obviously, such a DLC is not meant for you then.

2 Likes

i meant sound track dlc as in the ability to buy the sound track as I really like it

1 Like

i think this is already coming in the main game, @Olof need confirmation

i think there is already a old school DLC already planned, again i don’t know

1 Like