Airport CEO False Positive On Anti Virus Software

When booting up AirportCeo recently, Trend Micro Security flags down the game as a “harmful” software.

Thanks for noticing. It is hard for us to tell why that is. We have seen instances of anti-virus software flagging certain Unity DLL files before. Either they are checking the files against some trusted database that might be outdated or they are simply overly cautious. Anyhow Airport CEO doesn’t contain any harmful files. :slightly_smiling_face:

Would it be an option for you to contact “them”? I think, in these times, people should be careful in which software gets installed. It we’re starting to move to a “just ignore antivirus alerts”, I think we’re moving in the wrong direction. (-;

The problem is that you can send your files to them so they can confirm it’s harmless… But that would need to be done for each new build of the game

It would be too much work to do so for all the hundreds of anti-virus software companies out there. I personally only use the default anti-virus program included in Windows as I know they are pretty much useless anyhow against a targeted attack. Common sense is usually is the best defense against virus and malware. Also we have only received a hand full of reports where anti-virus software have flagged ACEO files, so unless it is a common occurrence for players, no further action will be taken from our side.

Can also add that some of the files we have seen have been native Unity files, so my guess is that Unity do work with the anti-virus companies to white list these files as it is in their best interest that players can run the games that are made with their engine. :slight_smile:

@Panzer_Powner Can you see exactly what .dll files your software flag as harmful? As Fredrik said there are a few instances where an anti-vrius software will flag parts of the assembly build as harmful. If you do a quick google search on it you’ll find many resources discussing the same thing.