Airport CEO: Pre-Alpha Gameplay Video (Part 1)

The specifics aren’t even important. If they have this kind of flow, you can add a lot of optional steps as well and you could expand the behavior of passengers and staff (and perhaps vehicles?) by adding steps

3 Likes

I mean, if you want to avoid the specifics then you get the general flow being

Arriving:
1: Arrive
2: Leave

Leaving:
1: Arrive
2: Leave

Depending on whether it’s GA or big airline you get all the steps like check-in and stuff as your “additional steps” so clearly your intent was to go into the specifics ;p

So on your original list I believe 1st class passengers are less likely to shop, more likely to go to a first class lounge and wait, then get priority boarding, whereas 2nd class are more likely to go for an explore round the duty free and sit in coffee shops, or go for a smoke in the smoking area.

There would be a degree of randomness in it where first class passengers might go shopping and things like that as you say with adding additional steps.

However I don’t think this topic needs particular discussion as it’s already implemented and quite obvious as to how it works. The frequencies of each particular aspect might need refining and more options for additional tasks might be added, each step made into sub steps and such like depending on your facilities, but i’m sure the developers are on it given it’s the main focus of the game and the part we will be constantly interacting with, for a good game it needs to be right.

1 Like

This is actually a pretty good rendition of how it works, although there’s of course a bit more magic behind it. While there are major flow points as to whether the passenger is arriving or leaving, such as check-in, passing security or leaving the security area, the behaviors of passengers are driven by their needs. Passengers can arrive to the airport with an urge to visit the bathroom and so they do (if you’ve built a bathroom in the entrance area), or if they are hungry they visit a food, if that’s built. When they’ve passed security, their behavior is driven by their needs but also wether or not its time to go to gate. Their needs are prioritized by bladder, hunger, energy and boredom. If they feel fine, they find a seat and wait, if they have an assigned gate, they go to the gate and wait.

We’ve tried to build it as fluid as possible, setting as few defined behavior sequences as possible and also so that we can expand their behavior and make it more complex over time.

10 Likes

I am really excited for ACEO just for those little details… :smiley: Playing other games where getting passengers through or prisoners through their day is merely a “step-by-step” procedure, ACEO provide a lot of “randomness” as to what your build will need to have.
It could lead to a fine and normally used bathroom but at times it will be out of nowhere full because suddenly - just like in real life - there are 10 instead of 7 people trying to have their needs served at the same time. Things like this make building games so interesting for me… :flushed:
That’s why PA has only some ten hours played by me and Cities Skylines has 250h+ and would have much more if it weren’t so prone to collapsing on itself… because latter will challenge you with every change you make in the city new because suddenly cars drive another way or just more come or more people use public transport etc etc etc. :airplane:

2 Likes

1 small detail that i’m curious with, will taxiways have technical differences (same applies to runways actually) as in this photo (max span 24m and max span 15m taxiways) some airports have runways and taxiways that are only allowed to be used up to a maximum spec of a plane, either weight or max wingspan? will this also become present (possibly on a later date) in the game.

this can then be used for a airport that has a commercial port but also a recreational port. the recreational port can be made cheaper since it only needs a taxiway etc that can support cessna’s ect.

2 Likes

I just wanted to say im excited about this game! I found it thought youtube and this video while looking at SimAirport. To developers: keep up the good work and dont force the release! The in depth and all the functions you are creating in this game will make the difference so keep it going! Great work guys - so impressive!

Im going to buy this day 1 (which I rarely do!)

7 Likes

Fredrik - please remember your words here! :slight_smile: Please stay focused on game playability and bug fixes - the rest will follow. Looking forward to the alpha release as soon as possible!

2 Likes