Airport CEO: Pre-Alpha Gameplay Video (Part 2)

This is simply amazing! I love it!

Awesome! Can`t wait for the game!

THX a lot for your work. I watched it a couple Times. I have a few questions , that are not mentioned jet.

1. The registration Letter of the Planes starts always with N. Are their other country letters implemented Jet?

2. Two planes came from Zagreb, but the fuel which left in the Tank is compl. different. The first Plane a has 79% and the second one only 21% left. How ist would calculated?

3. In the early versions of the fuel Tanks, I guess the animation turned Green, did it changed, and if it’s posdible to Show the status how far the fuel process is?

4. The second Bus station was not / only one time used. Is it a different Bus station, is it possible to build more than one side by side?

It’s amazing how the Dev went. For me, it looks great I like it :smiley: and I can’t wait to see the 3rd Part :grin::blush:

Edit:

Is it possible to assign passengers to the plane stands far a way from the Terminal (I mean to the GA Stands in the Video and what will happens?)

1 Like

Nu jÀvlar! AMAZING!:grinning: You have come far since the first trailer you made that got me interested in this game,

Since you asked for real life pilots to clarify the different fuel types, I will do that for you :wink:
The fuel type is not directly linked to the size of the aircraft, but rather the type of engine installed. Piston engines use 100LL and turbine engines use JET A1.
The only plane ingame at this time that has a piston engine is the C182. Both the C208 and the Twin Otter use PT6 turboprop engines that use JET A1.
The sound you use for the C182 is of a turboprop engine, piston engines sound very different.

Can’t wait to try the game when it’s released!

Two planes came from Zagreb, but the fuel which left in the Tank is compl. different. The first Plane a has 79% and the second one only 21% left. How ist would calculated?

Depends on how much fuel they started out with. You don’t have to depart with full tanks. IRL on the types I fly we rarely fill up the tanks completly as it limits the amount of weight we can bring with us.

4 Likes

Can’t the devs figure something out? :rage: :wink: 42 minutes is too long a video. 20 minutes is too short. How about 30 minutes?

As for the content, the baggage building graphics are a bit strange, I think that should be polished more.
Isn’t someone born in 1931 a bit old to be working. Perhaps you could filter employees using an age range?
Yay! You can enable and disable GA!
Great vid, keep working on the flux and how things can go through each other.

1 Like

Good work!

Suggestion:
Will there be underground passage to separate arrival and departure passenger? I love to see the passage linking multiple buildings under service road or taxiways.

Thanks.

@markty developers said that currently there will be only 1 floor level. But in the future there might be multi floor.

Brilliant work!! This is really promising.

I would like to mention just three things.

-Will there be some way of deciding which taxiways can the aircrafts use? Something like a “one-way taxiway”, so that “paths” can be created for hevy traffic airports. As an example, in the video we saw near the end a GA departure waiting for an arriving one on his parking area. If we could make another exit at the bottom (in this example) and instruct them to go in through the upper one and out throught the other that might reduce congestion.

-Are "line-up and wait"s implemented? In this the departure aircraft is cleared to enter the runway so as soon as the arriving one clears that part of it. And then take off cleareance is given when the runway is fully clear.

-When we watch the take-off, we se that the plane that has landed is barely out of the runway, as it is waiting for another departure to clear its way. If the stopped aircraft had being bigger and blocked the runway, would the take-off had happen?

Thank you!

At the moment we have no such system but of course we are open to implement in the future. We did some tests with line up and wait but it did not work so well with the current ATC system. Especially balancing a busy approach. The system now only allows one aircraft at the time to enter and operate the runway. So it is currently on hold.

Yes, the takeoff would have happen as the holding aircraft “checks out” the runway once reaching an exit/holding point. In that case he was holding because the taxiway was busy in front of him. It is extremely complex to build a flawless ATC simulator, there is a reason it is still operated by humans as there are so much coordination involved. Translating that into code is difficult. If we were only building an ATC simulator, we would probably have all those things implemented but we have the passenger, vehicle, baggage which also have a lot of rules that needs to be translated to code.

I hope that answers your question. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just want the game ASAP
 i don’t care what you show in the video.:grin:

2 Likes

As @NastyGamer said, we don’t care how buggy the game at the moment. We want to play it. We want to create, expand, manage, program our airports asap. I watched SimAirport, Airport Sim 2014/2015, Airport Inc, Airport Tycoon 3,4 gameplays. None of them are even close to what we have seen jin ust 2 pre-alpha gameplay videos.

New features can be added any time by update or DLC. Just fix the bugs and sell ACEO to us :smiley:

EDIT: These games I just listed have much worse game breaking bugs. And they are still be sold.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

Of course it would be better for the ATC to cover that, but as the “simple” solution is just to build the paralel taxiway far away enough to allow airplanes to clear it I will leave it as something for the future.

Wating now for the 3Âș part of the gameplay.

I appreciate it is not easy, but in the real world that plane wouldn’t have been considered clear of the runway, so maybe just moving the point forward and if the aircraft is stuck on the runway the plane behind couldn’t take off?

I may have oversimplified it but it would encourage us to build space between the taxiway and runway. Just a thought, since the runway isn’t clear and if the runway can’t be cleared it would be considered out of use.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s just a variable you can change but the Cessna 208, with a max range of 1700km, would not have made that journey from Zagreb and be able to land with 79% fuel
 :stuck_out_tongue:
Other than the horrific runway incursion it all looks very good! I like the level the management pages go to.

1 Like

I know that the fuel level can be varied , but 79% for a small plane is, in my opinion, a bit to much gas left.

1 Like

Oooo I love it. I’m tingling all over! Can’t wait to see commercial flights in action. I love the GA parking, I will be able to create Buttonville (YKZ) very easily. -Where I earned my private ticket :slight_smile:

Ok I noticed one thing; Fuel was in Gallons. Will we be able to change the units to Metric? (and the dollars to other currencies?) USD, CAD, GBP, etc

1 Like

Amazing video, can just see one issue and that’s regarding the fence. It doesn’t line up with the checkpoint, and it probably should to create a proper secure zone. But the fact that it’s on that level of detail is saying that is is a well polished game!

1 Like

Yeah, you’re correct :wink: Did some quick calculations. The flight time ingame was 3:51. The Caravan will do about 415PPH, that equals a total fuel burn of 1597 LBS. The total fuel capacity of a Caravan is 2400 LBS. With a full load of fuel it should have had 33% fuel remaining.

EDIT: Math

2 Likes

66% from ((2400-1597)*100)/2400? 33% maybe :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ah ok, thanks for the reply!