Airport CEO: Pre-Alpha Gameplay Video (Part 2)

Woops! :disappointed_relieved: That’s embarrassing
 Thanks for pointing it out :wink:

In the aviation industry, you have to deal with the manufacturer units and unfortunatly, the tanks are often graduated in gallons, not liters. But then, when you ask for fuel delivery you have to do the maths and request liters. (For GA). So I think it’s more realistic to have such a mess with the units. Another example will be knots vs km/h for airspeed

Just so you know, cars in different countries drive on different sides of the road. I remember when I was 5 and first visited England. I screamed at the taxi guy for driving on the wrong side of the road. :unamused: :slight_smile: :joy:

1 Like

Correct, as of now, the aircrafts fuel level upon arrival is not incorporated into the calculations. Would be fun and easy to do so however! Will have a look at it.

Thanks for all the comments peeps! Will continue to answer and comment them as the code compiles.

2 Likes

About planes turning around, it is very common depending on the airport, to expedite runway exit ATC requests the airplane to turn around and leave the runway in the previous exit, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

About fuel trucks going to the plane, don’t worry about it either, because the plane going to the fuel pump is very relative and depends on the airport as well. Fuel trucks refueling GA planes are common.

The only thing I would like to see different is that the stands are very elaborated, and this is not that common. I believe you kept them this way so they could be traded between commercial and GA, but if you look at it, the GA parking takes almost the same amount of space the commercial stands take, and IRL the difference is huge.

Another point that let me worried is about the cashflow, You had a fairly complete airport, with a good structure, and with only a few GA flights fees you achieved operational break-even, seems to me that the game doesn’t challenge in the financial aspect, that no further thinking and strategy should be applied to be successfull. I hope I’m wrong and that with more complex operation it gets more challenging.

Is your CPU overclocked? And what type of cooler do you have for it? I imagine that you are using the stock fan cooler?

Can taxiways be crossed by service roads?

I was going to ask the same question. @Fredrik @Olof what do you think?

1 Like

The devs tweeted that aircraft 180 on the runway and the fuel truck driving the wrong way are solved

At 16:50 also a very small graphical glitch (the taxi-lights move when under the arrivals/ departures panel when the plane is moving by)

also, is it possible to make Taxiways wider or 90degree standing on the apron? if you look now at the size of the Cessna passing its foreseeable that something bigger wil hit every tail of the standing plane’s at the apron

I would not worry at this stage about the balancing of the economy at this stage. This is something that the devs will probably work out as the alpha develops and the game is released and can be tested. Look at the economic model of Prison Archetect as an example of devs making changes during the alpha process.

Also given the starting money I believe that they are showing the game in easy mode which making money much easier.

Looking forward to getting hands on and trying it for ourselves.

Did I mention knots? It’s always knots, so not sure why you brought that up.

What I was talking about was the units of measurement based on the location that the airport is at. If it is in the US, you will have gallons and USD. If it is in Canada you will have litres and CAD. etc
 All over Ontario it is always litres and CAD, it was never gallons.

What I was asking @Fredrik and @Olof was; if the units will be different based on location of the airport, or will it always be dollars (generic dollars) and gallons.

Great video. Absolutely superb work. As for the baggage system, I have a feeling that although implemented, you are not entirely happy with how it currently works and that’s why you are keeping it last, probably making changes to it.

Regarding the release date, Valve seem to have second thoughts on Steam Direct since we haven’t heard anything from them since the beginning of February. So no need to rush there. You are probably looking for a period when you can both take at least a week off work to deal with all the bugs that are bound to appear when first released.

Now, there are a few things I think require clarification/correction:

Why “Franchise” Payments? You just rent shops some space. That’s all. That’s not a franchise. “Retail Fees” would be more appropriate. Unless, you have sth else in mind. And the word “Fees” should be used for most things (rather than payments, expenditures, etc).

“Airport Dining” and “Airport Shopping” imply other forms of dining and shopping, outside the airport. As with “Bathroom Usage”, the word “Airport” is not necessary.

“Food/Shop Franchise Sales Cut”. If I had to guess, I’d say that apart from the rent, stores will also pay a percentage of their profits/sales to the airport. Am I right? Then it should be sth like “percentage of retail profits paid” or sth like that.

You write “Airport Staff”, but “Security”, “Janitors”, etc, are also “Airport Staff”. Maybe use sth like “Operations Staff” or “Service Staff” or “Passenger Service Staff”?

In the “FEES” section, what’s with the “Airport Food/Shopping Cost” for passengers? One can already charge the shops for rent and part of their profits (if I am correct). Are we going to charge the passengers as well for using the shops? That’s called greed! Unless, this has to do with the “Food/Shop Franchise Sales Cut” in the “OVERVIEW” section. Is this where you set what fees the shops (and not the passengers) will pay? It’s not very clear.

In OPERATIONS - JOB TASKS – STAFF section, “Screen Bags/Passengers” would be more appropriate, than “Frisk”.

I see you had to open every single stand separately. Would it be possible to select all? Furthermore, in the “Stand” Screen, the word “stand” does not have to be repeated for every action you can take. It’s implied. “Upgrade”, Demolish”, etc, is enough. I’ve noticed repetition in other things as well.

In the “Flight” screen it reads “Frequency: Once”. Probably you mean “once per day” but it should be clearer.

In the FUEL DEPOT Screen it reads “NOT OPERATIONABLE”: I think “NOT OPERATIONAL” or “NOT FUNCTIONAL” would be better.

P.S. About that truck: It was actually driving on the correct side of the road. This is Liverpool, England! The markings where wrong!

Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Sorry my mistake !

This would be a nice feature: Switch left hand / right hand side. Can you put that on there
 somewhere down the list? :slight_smile:

If you do multi cultural features, please let the user pick what he wants, and not automatically choose it based on region :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey guys,
hey Forum,

great Video - lovely stuff and smart Details but my Impression is that’s very easy to earn Money and you can’t go bankrupt. this would be a pity, apart from the lovely Details for me the Managing, calculate part is one of the most important things . I know you use cheats for Maximum money, but it seems so easy to get the Balance into the green - Is this impression deceptive?
Thank you guys - really, i like People with Passion!!

This needs more optimizing and testing. As you can see in the video we basically had unlimited money. So don’t take everything you see now as the final state. :slight_smile:

Hey Fredrik, i Know what you mean. I dont Care about the Maximum Money - it Seems so easy to get a positive Balance/Hour
You Turned really quick from a Red Balance into green.

Right on, shiFt. Also worth mentioning, IRL they use separate storage tanks and trucks for Jet and AvGas. They never mix the two for safety reasons. (There are different types of Jet fuel, but generally Jet A1 is by far the most common). Not all small airports even offer jet fuel initially.

And not all big airports offer 100LL either.

and please organize these desks, all this mess bugs me :joy::joy::joy: