Airport Designs

Could easily orient the outer piers to make them parallel.

1 Like

Everyone here just talking bout the airport they would build, while I actually build the airport in a game! Outplayed.(Sarcasm ofc,I built the airport in roblox)

2 Likes

Well…
A bit later than the rest, but here is Alpha 1 of my airport design:

If anyone has any suggestions or comments, feel free to say them!
(I won’t feel insulted!)

6 Likes

I like it. I’m not sure i would allow a security exit on the far left there as they all need to walk right to baggage claim, and then right through your security and checkin areas. Might get quite clustered.

1 Like

Did any of these design ever get realized? :smiley:

4 Likes

It is like Architect vs Enginneer

Architect says “add this” “add that” “build this” “built that” and when the time of construction comes, engineer says “nope” “nope” “not possible” “not with these standards”

3 Likes

Well hopefully with more performance fixes, they can.

EDIT: Because building it is one thing, while running it but not melting your CPU is another.

4 Likes

Party made one of mine, but FPS died. Map is also too small and dont want to hack save to add space only to further kill FPS. Will revisit when game is better optimized.

2 Likes

I made mine. I sketched off scale. Looked horrible when build,to much wasted space, so I destroyed it again. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well, if I tried mine, I would run at 0.1fps…
Nearly 40 gates? Maybe in future…but at the moment I don’t want to break my CPU…

2 Likes

Here is my largest design. No contracts have been signed yet aside from shops and franchises. I only partially filled out on corner of one concourse. Loading this takes my higher end PC more than 2 minutes. I am submitting the save as Thor International - FPS test for you guys to burn your PCs when you want to.

7 Likes

So I signed a bunch of recurring flight contracts for this place, and activated 13 gates in the bottom left concourse. Basically the entire south half plus all the left side. Getting 22 FPS with about 1k pax in terminal. The bus system is really working great. Thanks to another user (forgot who) that suggested to move the bus stand 1 back off the main road. It works very well.

As for this airport, the taxiway system is working great so far, and with the distance the pax need to travel to bag claim, often their bags are already spinning on the conveyor waiting for them. Closest runway is set of arrival, farthest departure. I counted poorly and need another 6 check in desks per concourse, and when i need them I will have to shift the bathrooms down a bit for the top concourse, but plenty of room on the left set of check-ins.

If anyone has interest, I could post this save somewhere, just need to know where it needs to be posted.

1 Like

Quite interesting, you had pretty good specs? We’d be happy to have it for future reference. I assume you are on the experimental branch? We have some additional performance fixes for the default branch coming soon so there might be a slight increase in FPS for the next version.

Yes built entirely on experimental.

I7 6700
16g Ram
1080 GTX graphics card
Game installed on a SSD

I sent you the save via a bug report with the name Thor International - FPS

1 Like

Thor, love the designs, have you built any of those airports in the game? Functionality wise I dont think there is enough Check in Desks and associated queues to make it work

Three of them.

Thor International above is the largest. I do need extra check in desks yet to have it fully able to process all the gates at once, but there is not likely enough other services to attempt it. The save takes 5 minutes to load and there are only 13 gates operating right now.

Currently working on Thor Municipal, have half of the middle pier built. Going to compress it somewhat on the sides to keep it in one map tile.

My first save i built Thor regional. Should be a screenshot of it floating around the forums as well.

Is it possible to get a save file to download? @Thorozar

There is also INKSCAPE ( Draw Freely | Inkscape ), FREE vector based software, works just like CDW.

Give it a try. :wink:

Inskcape, Paint.net and CDW

I went through the process to get a rough size for almost each item in ACEO.

3 Likes