Airport Inspiration

Hello All!

First, let me introduce myself.
My name is Josh, and I’m 17. I love all things aviation, and I have a huge hobby of flight sims. I also love tycoon/management games. And when you mix those two together, well, you get this amazing little game. I recently hopped over to Steam and bought it, and I’m in love with it.

Now, on to my question.
I really need some terminal inspiration. I’m looking to build a realistic and organized airport. I am also trying to do something similar to my closest international airport (FALE - King Shaka). Here, most of the airport operations happen under the terminal (eg, service vehicle bay, baggage handeling) . Above this (first floor) , there are the arrivals. There are a few shops down here. Above this (Second floor) are the check-in areas. Here there are the gates.

(Pardon me if this is in the wrong category)

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

King Shaka airport looks like buildable on AirportCEO. Maybe you will get some path finding issues by separate floored departures and arrivals but still it looks enjoyable. However you can also take a look at airports on Steam Workshop.

I hope you enjoy with the game :wink:

I am one that loves to re-create actual airports IRL. I love to find the Master Plans of airports (if they are available on line) in conjunction with detailed terminal maps etc… As you can see at my ABQ airport Thread I gather lots of info before I do pre-planning of my airport (before I actually go into ACEO and build the airport. But here is some inspiration for ya on how I went about creating my airport.

What should I fill this area with? Its for airport operations and passengers do no have access.

I would add Ramp Agent staff rooms/offices/break rooms/training rooms/service vehicle parking etc…

Could also add staff direct access to departure hold room/terminal floor above as well

1 Like

Staff rooms, admin offices could be useful. Restrooms too.

1 Like

Hey all. I just wanted to know two things.
First, for baggage reclaim, do I put the zone around the conveyor belt that passengers will be collecting their baggage from, or in the room where the conveyor is?

Also, is there any way to make baggage from a specific aircraft go to a specific belt?

You just have to put the zone around the conveyor, there’s no need to zone the whole room.

Tilt trays can be used to direct baggage. Baggage will be directed according to how you connected your baggage bays (not a physcial connection, but how you “choose” which baggage claim the baggage is supposed to arrive to.)
I hope you understand the explanation.

as OKChris said.

we are limited with one connection between baggage claim (baggage carousel) to a baggage bay. and 1 or more stands to a baggage bay. SO whatever stands you connect to a baggage bay will go to the baggage claim you have connected to that baggage bay as well.

I don’t think multiple connections with more than one Baggage claim to a baggage bay will work but correct me if im wrong

1 Like

Hi,

I personally watched this guy,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-4WwgT2Y4Q

for me this was my first airport then took ideas from that to my own.

Okay so I’ve run into a little issue.
I realised I bit off more then I could chew by opening the airport. I accepted too many airline contracts and I do not have enough space. I decided to add some more remote stands at the north of my airport. I added another floor for the remote stands check-ins, and from there you’ll go through security and ‘board’ (Once through the boarding counter you go down an elavator that takes you to the bu stop thingy.)
Now I have around 15 extra stand. I have three of the boarding counters, and I can’t connect them to more than one? Surely its possible to use one counter for multiple ramps?

No it’s at the moment each boarding desk can only be connected to one stand. You can have more than one desk per stand but not more than one stand per desk

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.