Airport Layout - Customization

This suggestion is for the far future since this is based on experience in the bigger international airports and could be a good consideration on how to build a realistic airport although may be quite a challenge to implement.

Transit: Passengers disembarked the plane and either they head for baggage claim area at arrival hall or else they head to another direction for transit. At transit they usually have to get through security and body checks and sometimes immigration before they can proceed to the departure halls.

Gates: At airports like Singapore and Dubai, each gate is has it’s own waiting area (room in these cases) before departure. Each of the gates waiting area entrance have their own security check point like those metal detectors and x-ray before the passengers can proceed waiting or they can board their aircraft.

Extra:
Airport Fences: Maybe we can place upgrades for the fences to prevent intruders or terrorist into the airport making them stronger, higher, surveillance cameras and with barbed wires. We can also hire guards in cars to patrol the area of the outer perimeter.

2 Likes

This is a good idea, it would be great for that to happen. Since you are building the airport, it would be great to be able to do that from the start. I think you actually can do that because there is no default setting for the starting airport. I think that would be great.

Transits I believe have been mentioned previous posts and devlogs.
Gates I think are possible, given the majority of airports have them.
Last one could be interesting

I honestly love the immigration ideas. And also passport checks when immigration is happening too. Another idea would be underground railroad between terminals.

2 Likes

I also would like to see some form of immigration in the game too. But I think that a big setback to that idea would be the international passengers passageways in the airport. Normally, international passengers are separated from domestic passengers,and follow a different route to the immigration/passport stands. The issue is that I don’t think that any form of levels/floors are included in the game, which would be a big factor in getting passengers to the passport stands. Otherwise, there would be no way to separate the international passengers from the domestic.

1 Like

Sure there would. You make a completely separate area, with their own gates.

Mulit-floors would be awesome, or at least “underpassages” (just a tunnel you can’t customize) that let’s you guide arriving passengers to the baggage-claim/Customs without having them walking through the general departure-area. Might be hard to implement, i don’t know. My level of coding is limited to ip config in windows cmd :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

IT wont be that difficult. I think Just a new object with a pathedge And invisible characters

Nice. It would help with the PAX-flow at least. Don’t think i can recall a medium or larger airport where arriving passengers walk past departing passengers in the same room, might be mistaken

I guess a system of separating arrivals in two different zones would be easy to implement. Even with a single ground floor and within the same terminal. You just build two separate piers/sections connected to the main terminal/main baggage area, one for intl one for domestic.

But having to do all this for simply adding one or more passport control desks obviously would not add much to the game. Unless, if it is accompanied by a more complex gate allocation/scheduling system where apart from time of arrival/departure you also have to check the origin/destination of the airline and allocate the appropriate gate in the corresponding pier. Meaning that you would have to be careful (at least initially when the funds will be limited) of which of the two piers/sections will be the biggest. Which will have to do with the location of the airport. Because you don’t want to build a huge intl pier/section with 10 gates when all you get is mostly domestic and have only two gates for them.

Would be nice to also see internal transit vehicles, some airports have the gates seperate from teh main terminal connected via monorail.

If you search for “transit” and other related search terms you’ll see that this has been previously discussed, if you feel you can add to the discussion on internal transit or just want to consolidate your ideas then those threads are a very good place to start!

I really love the discussion here, they sound great!

I think the idea of separating the departure and arrivals is essential in most airport as well as game play. Thus the idea of having Mulit-floors would be very helpful, or at least “under-passages” or “one way door” would help, if multi floor is not possible.

Transit inside the airport is actually a very cool idea! And it is not uncommon in real world! It is a great way to move a lot of ppl from security check area to a distanced gate in a short time. If that seems too hard to implement, I think at least a “Moving side walk” would help a lot.

Also, if I may add, having ppl to arrive the airport in more than 1 way may make this game more fun! For example, if ppl can only walk to the airport by default, sure it works, but it’s gonna be slow and ineffective. Having a bus stop and taxi stop may spend extra money for cost and maintenance, but help to flow ppl significantly. Think big, we can even have Airport express (High speed railway) connecting the airport and the city center; for sure it will be expensive, but very cool.

Just a suggestion :smiley:

When you come in on an intern flight in Hamburg Airport you do. You step out of the plane and then you are
in the waiting area with the waiting people and cross the hallway to go down the stairs to the baggage claim. This is even somethimes the case on smal EU flights I think.

Transit has already been discussed in other thread, so do browse the forum and read what has been discussed.

Just a suggestion :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.