Airport of the Year feature doesn't work [solved]

What else should I do to get the achievement?

Hi and welcome to the Forum,

I arrived the achievement after many Ingame-Years of playing.

1 Like

Many 95%+ Average years?

It’s still running in background by the way, has been 5 years already. Still no joy

Yes, many 95%+ Years.
I’m playing the same way, start the game let it running in background the hole day.

After 272 Years i’ve got only three mails with the information about this, the last was in Year 244.

Considering that an in-game year on the triple speed is about 105 real minutes… That’s huge actually!

I guess I’ll try for 5 years more before I give up

What is displayed in the left top corner when you press F10, “Archievements valid True” oder “Archievements valid false”?
Screenshot_8
If it is false you will never get any archievement in this save-game.

Capture

It’s True and all other achievements are working

Ok, now i have no more ideas. ^^

Just for the history and people who, like me, will be trying to google a solution

It either completely broken or you have to run the game for a whole month of real-life time. I was running it for 7 in-game years on 98%ish average rating with no joy. Not even a single clue if there is any progress or not

bug report number MERCURY-44824

Any insight on this @Alexander?

FYI - After 30 years i get the next message with “Airport of the Year”.

1 Like

Do you still have the first such message? I’m just curious what year you got it

I mean, how many years you had been flying at 95% before you got the award

Unfortunately i haven’t the message any more.
I play this savegame for about 10 months or so.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

We’ve had another a look at this due to some additional bug reports, turns out a small bug introduced recently in the year observer update code has caused this feature (and achievement test) to only be invoked after 30 years of in-game time… even though this is expected to be a very hard achievement, 30 years is not what we intended :stuck_out_tongue:. Each year you are supposed to get an e-mail containing the rankings and if you win that year, you get the achievement. This fix will be available in the next update.

To those who actually managed to get this achievement despite this bug: You can definitely consider your self airport CE-pros.

5 Likes

Did you say “Badges”, oh, no, but its a good for those few though! :wink:

1 Like