Airport Showcase - NHT - Inspiration for Players New and Old

Daniel has done it with his Melbourne International, so now I will do it with Northumbria Heathermoor Intl.
With this thread, I would like to provide an example of a player design, of which I have not seen many, and provide inspiration for players new and old (well, 3 days old) who are stuck with ideas. I apologise that I forgot to provide construction screenshots, but I will try and post staged screenshots from now…

NHT is a small airport in the north of England, which accepts various charter flights, but no general aviation. Currently, it has 8 gates - 2 medium and 6 small - and provides refuelling and baggage handling services.

An overview of the airport, with 2 runways and 8 gates

A view of the check-in and security area - a baggage collection belt runs around the inside wall

The crowded offices of all my employees…maybe an expansion is needed!

The single baggage loader/unloader, which is at about 80% capacity with my current flights. I had to hire a lot of ramp agents to operate it, as well as provide service checks/unload/load aircraft

3 Likes

thats just amazing, i will put in practice aso soon as it be posible

Basically you need 10 check-in desks to allow all stands busy in same time (for example since 5AM flight start time) You have only 6 :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks @Insspb.
I stagger my flights (usually), but I will take your advice and add a few more.
Just currently struggling with a bug which has deleted all of my staff from a save game!

Well, after another major expansion, detailed below, I thought some screenshots are needed…

Expansion Details (Click if you want to read)
  • 2 medium stands added
  • 2 small stands added
  • 4 check-in desks added (thanks @Insspb!)
  • New dedicated baggage claim area
  • New restaurant and shop outside secure area
  • New, larger toilets
  • New, large shop in secure area
  • New, large restaurant in secure area

I did this in two stages…but who cares how I did it! Lets just get to the screenshots…

The stage before the current stage, without the baggage area and most of the new features…

An overview of the current airport

An overview of the current airport

The new baggage claim area, in the bottom left of the terminal

The staggered flight planner…I could add in more, but this way I can delay flights when needed…

The large shop - with the colours of the company, of course…

3 Likes