Airport Staff too late for boarding

Hey everyone,
I have the problem that my Airport Staff is much too late at the boarding desk and all flights are delayed.
Because of that I have built a Staffroom near the Stands.
Unfortunately it does not work.

Are there any suggestions?
If not is it possible to implement, that the system picks staff that is near the job task?

Many thanks in advance.
Have a nice day.

Could you post a screenshot please?
Are you sure you have enough security checkpoints to accomodate the passengers and staff?

I have the same problem. Staff come very late to the Boarding Desk. I have two Medium Security Checkpoints designated for pax only. I have a Small Security Checkpoint for Staff only.

I would suggest you make sure you have enough staff to man all areas at the same time. I always run a surplus and I do not get this issue. I also run an abundance of large security checkpoints and both staff and passengers can use them all. They will pay for themselves as once you get the flow right you can cope with more flights and passengers.

This is my set up:

You can see my check in desks, lots of security checkpoints and my staffing levels. You can also see at the top I make a good profit.

Make a staff room in a secure area, this will probably fix your problem.

Hi all, I have a staff room in my secured area but they are still going back to the staff room at my terminal area before check point. I can’t post pictures currently but i have a U lay out.
The base of the U has my check in counters and the both ends of the U are the piers and have a staff room. But for some reason airport staff is always going back to the non-secured area… and all is ok with the room as some ramp agents are using it…
But this is delaying my flights…

I usually look at my needs based on check-in desks and boarding desks (2 per each desk), and do math to figure out, if every desk were manned at one time, how many staff would I need? That is the number I hire; that way I know there will never be a shortage. Location of staff rooms help too. If I am running a bigger airport, I “mitigate” this by extending the time between each flight, because until the new pathfinding/rendering is released, I believe this will continue to be the norm.

When will the new pathfinding rendering done ?
And don’t think, things are 100% fixed then. The distance remains the same from staff room to the gates…
Problem is they depart too late, and from the most far away staff room…

I think it is something that will definitely be addressed in the future. I have two staff rooms with exclusive access to airport staff, one behind the check-in desks and one in the terminal close to the gates, I have also a huge overplus of staff, but still, almost all the gates start the boarding process with 1 hour delay.

For now there’s very little that we can do, let’s wait until the new pathfinding and then I’m sure that the developers will address this, especially when multi floors will be implemented, the distances to cover will increase a lot.