Airport stories

Any memorable or funny airport stories from travel or work? I’m sure you’ve all got some but I’ll start.

Fist a bit of back story: so I used to work in the operations department of a large airport in eastern Canada, but when not racing around the field or sitting in meetings I had the pleasant job of responding messages on the noise complaint line.

So because of that, there are always some rich questions about lost bags or low flying aircraft that “broke my house.” However, the best by far are ones that make you laugh. On several occasions, we would get ones about “5 or 6 airplanes overhead leaving chemtrails and blocking out the sun.” Now as you may know if there are vapour trails behind a jet there is a very good chance it’s not even using a nearby airport but that wouldn’t stop the accusations of us being a part of crop dusting the populous or threats to take the matter to the media. But being a professional it is important to respond to the messages in a manner that may not be your first instinct and remind them that you live in the same area and “wouldn’t appreciate that happening to me or my family either.” The internet is a wild place though and once someone has an idea of how things work it isn’t always easy to change it. A few times I had the idea of responding with bribes to not say anything or agree and say its all a cover-up, however in the aviation industry, it’s best not to stir the pot.

So that’s one of my memorable airport storeys. let’s hear what you’ve got.

1 Like

Well, Mister G.W. Blake, my AI girlfriend Alexa doesn’t feel as confident as you do. And AI’s are friggin smartasses, aren’t they…:roll_eyes:

Alexa, what are chemtrails?

Chemtrails: Trails left by aircraft are actually chemical or biological agents deliberately sprayed at high altitudes for a purpose undisclosed to the general public in clandestine programs directed by government officials,” Alexa said.:rofl:

Many publications reporting on Alexa’s latest retort were quick to call out the conspiracy, saying chemtrails aren’t real and that they’re simply the contrails left in the wake of a jet from freezing water vapor emitted from its engines.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

While the chemtrail conspiracy has been taken to some extremes, the extent of weather modification programs conducted by the US government has been well documented. A 1996 Air Force research paper titled Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025 details a government plan to weaponize weather into the 21st century.:open_mouth:

The dossier details its plan to enhance storms and precipitation, as well as fog and cloud generation. It also discusses weather modification through the use of ionospheric manipulation, a science studied at HAARP, the military base in Alaska long presumed to be the epicenter of government weather modification studies.

Maybe it turns out Alexa is less of a spook and more skeptical of clandestine government programs like we are.:crazy_face:

A short excerpt from an article published by www.gaia.com at April 18th, 2018.

I’m sorry, that isn’t an airport story … but even if not necessarily memorable, it’s at least somehow funny.

When I was waiting for flight back to Europe in Toronto Pearson airport, they switched the gate work another flight. So, I went there. So as far I know they told us (Passengers)and boarding crew. But not the PILOT! Literally everyone was laughing when we saw back of the airplane slowly going back to ours gate. Maybe it’s not that funny, but the fact that they didn’t tell the pilot was insane.

I once was on a airport (past security) and then the airport decided that it was time for a fire drill :frowning:

1 Like