Allocating stands and gates

will we have control over what aircraft goes to what gate or stand ?
and will aircraft both be able to be unloaded and loaded by stairs and jetway ? for example can you have a stand with a 757 on it and have it unloaded by a stairs ?

2 Likes

Do you think about a single aircaft (N1234) or some particular type (A320 family, 737 etc?). you are ptobably talking about the second option but just to be sure.

I would imagine each contract can be designated an array of gates or stands that it would try to use first, otherwise it might take the first available stand…

I would like to see something like @Bigbigcheese suggested. The player can choose which stands should be used first. Choosing stand for every single flight becomes a bit too much micromanagement. Especially with delays. :slight_smile:

Or assign stands to an airline. The airline would determine what stands to use for what flight. And start mailing you if they have too few stands allocated

3 Likes

I hope we do and then passengers can get annoyed at you if you allocate a gate at the far end of the terminal if the other gates aren’t being used :smiley: .

But I think there’d be like a minimum requirement. So a B777 must have a certain size gate or larger but a B737 can go to any of your gates.

I feel like in this case, you do what current airports do, and set certain stands, terminals, or areas to certain airlines. THEN, that airline could use whatever stands in their section as they please.

For a definite example, check out Atlanta. Delta uses I think a whole terminal for themselves, and the other airlines are grouped together with their company, regardless of aircraft.

well it would be nice to have the ability to allocate stands to airlines and aircraft but also to have diffretn loading and unloading method for all aircraft

It’s obviously efficient otherwise airlines wouldn’t do it, hence the suggestion :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep! I want to say I asked this question before. Don’t recall getting an answer. Hope they’ll be able to clear this up, the devs.

I’d like to be able to assign gates to certain airlines, but it all depends on gate sizes etc.
Maybe as part of the contract you have to have a gate assigned to that airline that can handle the aircraft types they are wanting to bring in

I don’t believe this has ever been answered. Would love to be able to assign or have a requirement by an airline to assign them a gate or block of gates.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.