Allow aircraft stands to be placed over existing road

If you want to build a new stand, you have to remove the current road first, stopping all vehicles from reaching their planes. Therefore it would be nice if you could build new stands on top of existing road, so all traffic can continue while the stand is being built.

6 Likes

Lovely idea

1 Like

Yesss!

1 Like

@pderuiter will tell us this skips the Feature forum, but I dont care, lets do it ASAP :smiley:

2 Likes

No, this is too annoying. Do it now :wink:

3 Likes

Definitely must be added!

1 Like

I’d like to suggest another way, which may could be done when adding mutlilevel terminals.

I’d like to have road pieces seperated from the stands completly. Just place a service road first, then add a stand next to it. This way you can have (remote) stands on the left and on the right side of the same road. For now I see the problem with the fixed jetway on medium stands, which needs to cross the road anyway. If there would be a way to extend this jetway, for example with mutlilevel terminals later (or with additional pieces for jetway crossings), this problem could be solved.

As an addition you could also place an airside bus stop (for remote stands) between terminal and regular stands then, instead of placing them next to each other.

3 Likes

Completely agree, it is annoying and will be more annoying when the remote stands get added

1 Like

I’d like to have road pieces seperated from the stands completly. Just place a service road first, then add a stand next to it.

I agree on it. If I call correctly it was also discussed by devs but because of 2 main problems it was denied:

1. It may break the old save games
  2. Some people may not know how to place road near stand so this may be a hard task for new or “not familiar with airports” players.
1 Like

Perhaps a script to make a new stand’s service road merge with an existing one?

1 Like
  1. It may break the old save games
  2. Some people may not know how to place road near stand so this may be a hard task for new or “not familiar with airports” players

Looks like an imperfectly discussion:

Regarding 1.: While this can have a point, there can be some situations where a break with old savegames can be considered at least. But even if you want to avoid such an break, there could be a script added into the savegame loading procedure which would convert/replace these old stands into/with new stands and service road tiles.

Regarding 2.: It doesn’t matter if people know how an stand has to be placed to be correctly connected to a road. If you compare with other already existing ingame objects which require road access themselves (e.g. bus stops), you see there’s already a mechanic implemented which shows where a road connection is needed. So the solution for this kind of problem is already there.

I agree and I’ve been bitten by the inability to do this myself. As a work-around, I pause the game, destroy the road and build the stand quickly.

I feel with Multi-Floors looming in the latter half of this year, this situation should be addressed. Perhaps the simplest solution would be to add a 2nd type of stand without the road, and they requite a road set of tiles for them to be placed. With the jetway as an upgrade.

2 Likes

That’s actually a really solid solution. I like it :smiley:

1 Like

Perhaps the simplest solution would be to add a 2nd type of stand without the road, and they requite a road set of tiles for them to be placed.

Possibly the easiest solution ever. :wink:

But if something like that happens with other object’s too (e.g. vehicle depots, still hope for realistically sized in-terminal objects after multilevel terminals have arrived) the build menu could get really crowded with outdated/unbalanced versions of an object. But maybe the link inside the build menu for this old object could be simply removed (the link only, without actually removing it from the data) without to much confusion for players in a later version of the game. shrug

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.