Almost empty fuel trucks should go top off

Right now, fuel trucks will work until every last drop has been dispensed.

That currently leaves the airplane that empties them out without a full tank. The fueling operation seems to be considered finished when the airplane is full or the truck is empty.

No pilot would take off without enough fuel, but right now, they do.

I think a very small change that would send a fuel truck to refuel at the fuel depot instead of heading to parking when there is not enough fuel left for a full refuel of another airplane would fix this.

Maybe this is not a perfect solution in all situations, but I think it would be a small change that at least improves on the current situation.

1 Like

This has been discussed here in detail. Please do give it a look. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Yes. That is my issue and I like the proposed solution.

But the complexity of the discussed solution there is why I suggested to implement a simple improvement sooner and then cover the whole refueling thing later.

Right now I would simply check, right after a refueling truck is done if it is almost empty and wants to go to the vehicle depot. If yes… send it to refuel instead.

But the other solution would be even better, of course.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.