Good Morning CEO’s
I have submitted a couple bug reports and even conversed with a developer or two on this (these) issues but the game continues to have a few woe’s that prevent the awesome experience that this game provides from being a reality for me.
First and foremost, I have a brand new Macbook 16" with 32G Ram - so there is no problem with the computer.
I constantly am fighting the following things that have almost deterred me from playing anymore.
Zones and Walls. I have mentioned this before, and some have tried to give an explanation, but as you remove walls from a zone that were added after the zone was created, the zones disappear as well, causing other problems for rooms, and passenger paths.
-If there are rooms that have walls that were manipulated in a zone, when you re-open the game those rooms are all gone because the room ‘cannot cross multiple zones’
-I have to re-do the rooms almmost everytime I open the same game save - or if it rename it to another save file.
Load Time. I have a med-lrg airport that is not even operational yet. Lots of gates and lots of terminal and roads, but no employees, no vehicles, no staff, and just a lot of decoration as I build. I havent even begun to build tghe baggage system yet.
-The game takes 24 minutes to load.
- The game saves at a good speed. Quickly
- Way to long - what happens when I finish the design and the json files are twice that size?
- The dreaded ‘World is doomed’. When the airport gets to be a med-lrg size - and again its not even opened? I will most likely get the doomed error and have to revert to the previous save to fix it.
- The airport is very highly detailed and decorated (where I have finished the building process)
- These errors all start when I am manipulating walls that are in previously set Zones.
- The errors are always the same (as I hav learned from talking to the devs) that the impossible case of 2 items having the same ID on the same space on the game grid. It is always the walls/zones/roooms issue.
You do not see the major errors until you reload the game and all of your rooms are not there anymore because (most commonly) they now crosse different zones.
FINALLY- as the airport grows the time it takes to delete a wall (even 2 or 3 segments) or a zone or terminal blocks gets longer and longer until the point where you get the spinning wheel after each mouse release and it hampers the games playability.
I guess what I am saying here is please continue to work under the hood with the game as well as add cool things, but dont forget the hood is there, under the elevators, and moving walkways and restaurants
AND SINCE I CANT GO TO WORK FIOR 2 WEEKS - I AM GOING TO TRY TO PLAY A LOT! SO HELP A BROTHER OUT HERE!!
Just an update from Chicago.