Airport CEO Alpha 24.4 released

Hey!

Alpha 24.4 is now deployed containing the new structures pack. The large ATCT did not make it in but will be made available as of next week. Alpha 24.4 marks the last experimental update before Alpha 25 which we aim to release during the later part of next week, simply because we don’t want the divide to get too large between the experimental version and the current version. We also really want to start implementing UI improvements and path finding performance changes, which a new default version will allow us to do and we will therefore focus more on bug solving next week than what we have done this week.

PS: Middle mouse button do no longer rotate object as it will be used for dragging the camera (future patches). Use R och comma/period instead.

Have a great weekend! :slight_smile:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 24.4

Improvement

• [ACEO-3231] - Vsync can now be toggled in the graphics settings (in game)
  • [ACEO-3233] - Path finding improvements to increase calculation speed
  • [ACEO-3235] - Changes to camera controls to adapt for FPS non capped by Vsync (experimental)
  • [ACEO-3236] - Implement Structures Pack 1

Bug

• [ACEO-2780] - Giant ramp agent dummy displayed when scrolling vehicle depot list
  • [ACEO-3215] - Medium security checkpoint not marked correctly in requirements panel
  • [ACEO-3217] - Lower resolutions cause the flight planner to ignore certain time spots
  • [ACEO-3232] - Auto-scheduler crashing when having many unallocated flights
11 Likes

Vsync can now be toggled in the graphics settings (in game)

Lets reboot and try this :slight_smile:

Beautiful new objects: (Also traffic lights on checkpoint anr not just eye-candy)

BUT I think removing MMB key from rotating is a wrong decision. Poeple uses WASD to move around, mouse to move object and MMB to rotate it to its final position. 2 hands work by coordinated. But now I have to stop using WASD and click “R” button (or leave Mouse and click comma) in order to rotate an object. It may not sound big issue but it becomes and issue when you place 50 gate seats 1 by another. I already hit “E” key more than once accidentally.

@Fredrik @Olof I know community asked for it but please don’t consider it as whole commuity’s request. I am 100% sure I can’t be the only one who fell uncomfortable. Make an option.

3 Likes

Just wondering, does the game still send all service vehicles to the primary security checkpoint first?

Lol, someone put on EDGE scroll by default, that is very funny when playing windowed.

Another funny fact; a medium plane that re-positions itself on its stand, so it was tolling like crazy.

And a baggage terminal that is working fine for a week suddenly is throwing a baggage error??? :wink:

Nice new buildings.

1 Like

I used auto-scheduler. Had about 2000 unallocated flights. When I clicked auto-scheduler, all flights disappeared.

EDIT: I noted that my number of scheduled flights exceeded the number of allowed flights per airline. So, I assume Flight Planner simply removed the excess flights.

1 Like

many contracts.
топливо за 0
the planes went crazy. they skate as they want.

2 Likes

You guys missed the most important thing…
…where buildings connect to a road now looks good :slight_smile:

1 Like

removed the parking lot, and the plane is still here.

has changed taxiways. and the planes were lost. perhaps they built a route in advance. but now it is not. this is a big bug. the game can not rebuild route

Only the fuel depots are still “grassy” you cant upgrade them to asphalt.

you can add concrete tiles to the depots :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I know; same with tower and vehicle depots.

We should have asphalt tiles. That would be great.

Otherwise. Great job @Jettuh on those new artwork.

4 Likes

BUG:
The auto scheduler seems to ignore the restricted time.
This means that I end up paying $$$s to the city in fines.
Does the COO/CIO get a cut from this?!?!

1 Like

As you can see in the airline class requirements, it does not recognize that i have asphalt stands in the 2 star requirement

I’m tired. I can not do this anymore. again delay. I did not change anything! Just uploaded my save. Since morning all flights have departed. Apotheosis suddenly delayed.
I can not play. You build an airport for a long time. And then - a bug. And all planes do not arrive.

I understand that this is a frustrating process, especially when you work a long time on an airport. Remember that the point of this branch is to allow changes to be tested, which means there will necessarily be a lot of bugs that take time to be fixed. You always welcome to play the default stable branch remember :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got a new bug since the latest update.
Passengers and staff get stuck at the security exits.

Does anyone else noticed that bug?

1 Like

Another bug if one I’ve noticed earlier on my mouse the scroll wheel appears to have slowed down for zooming in and out instead of being quick snappy it’s going really slow and smooth, also on high speed when building sometimes u build let’s say a foundation and it suddenly adds on another section you didn’t ask for and the game is almost catching up?

Appreciate it’s experimental just before update was good guys :slight_smile:

Also… My remap agents don’t want to go load aircraft anymore or unload they just sit waiting around with a warning saying no secure checkpoint :frowning: there is however, oh dear