Airport CEO Alpha 24.4 released

Check pathfinding counter. If it is 200, it is no bug.

As Daniel said, itā€™s called experimental for a reason. Our general recommendation is to backup your default saves (so they renain compatible), try the experimental branch, file detailed bug reports via Jira on the issues you have for experimental and wait for us to fix it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My staff leave one of the smaller staff rooms by walking through its top left cornerā€™s wall, cross through the secure zone outside the building and then form what seems to be a picket line, whilst complaining they canā€™t find a security checkpoint to get to the jobs they claimed inside the terminal buildingā€¦ :cry:

There seem also to be some issues with crowding of passengersā€¦

Meanwhile, the baggage service cars seem to queue on top of each other at my baggage port, and do some kind of weird dance each time they leave it.

Severe FPS drop with 24.4 which was not present in 24.3-2
And I think I see why I have an FPS dropā€¦LOL. Itā€™s amazing how much pedestrian traffic 11 Medium Stands and 12 Small Stands will generate. I have room at my airport to go to 48 Medium Stands and 24 Smalls, Each of the Bus Stops holds 80. I have 22 mostly full Stops (1760 ppl) plus another hundred or so.

I added a suggestion in Atlassian reporting system: Issue ACEO-3240

I must say one thing that frustrates meā€¦is how most of you comes on this forum/thread and complain. Its experimentalā€¦meaning the devs are experimenting with new code etcā€¦if you want a perfect running airport wait a few weeks and come back or go back to default and play there. Our only concern as experimental players should be toā€¦

1. Build an airport.
  2. Keep our eyes open for bugs.
  3. Save a game and send the file as a bug report to the devs
  4. Say on this thread/forum what you found and what you reported
  5. Repeat the process looking for new bugs.

Thats itā€¦ none of this whining and crying about how your flights are delayed and and andā€¦ help the devs to improve the game or be silent. Thank you

4 Likes

@tokkie88, whoa. Slow down,cowboy. Weā€™re just making observations concerning the newest build. If we donā€™t mention problems, then Olaf and Fredrik wonā€™t know about them. Of course, we know itā€™s experimental. Of course there will be bugs. The purpose of releasing the experimental is so that we, the community, can test and hammer the game in ways Olaf and Fredrik might never imagine. Weā€™re doing thousands of hours of testing, for free,so that the devs can concentrate their efforts elsewhere.

Iā€™ve been a developer for over 45 years. If my clients donā€™t tell be about bugs, then I canā€™t fix them.

4 Likes

I think, although I could be wrong, that he was mostly referring to destinxxx and his written frustrations with the bugs.

I, for one, would agree with tokkie, it can be bothersome to see someone get so frustrated with the normal process that is testing/bug smashing.

3 Likes

I never use WASD to move anywhere! Iā€™m limited to arrow keys ATM, unfortunately, but the addition of the MMB, or any mouse button to move, will be highly welcomed, awesome news! :smiley:

As for what the MMB done before?, news to me it was for rotating. You learn something every day I guess?, but wonā€™t be missed :slight_smile:

I have one mistake on the normal game version. but no one can give an answer. keep silent

Excellent.

Aha you sneaky devsā€¦ you added minimum flight separation time to the flight planner. Unless I didnā€™t see it until 24.4? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

People i urge you to keep it civil in here. This is a friendly forum, letā€™s keep it that way :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Yes itā€™s experimental, so bugs can be expected.
Yes itā€™s perfectly fine to talk about them and i think everyone can relate that it can be frustrating at times.
I do ask you to step away from the computer until you are calm again before posting, as to keep the tone relaxed.

7 Likes

The zoom speed is slower since the update, insā€™t it?

Please increase it.

The conveyor belts are hidden by the new vehicle depots.

but they do still work hopefully?

Yes they still work.

1 Like

I am not sure that this is supposed to happen :smiley:

2 Likes

@jasperwillem should it be higher or lower?

Lower is good for airport performance. Higher make your airport slow.

What I find a bit frustrating is that some bugs are apparently not fixed. Like this oneā€¦

Conveyor belts were already hidden by the old vehicle depots.

1 Like