Airport CEO Alpha 24.4 released

do we still pay the penalty for night flights ?
did you correct it ?
:flight_departure:

Please hds12, read the logs. And, yes itā€™s fixed. You might want to check it yourself.

:open_mouth: damn, I didnā€™t notice ā€¦
sorry Olof ā€¦
:flight_departure:

Hi there,

I bought airport CEO about 1 week back and have since been lurking around in the forum. Did not find it mentioned elsewhere, so here is a suggestion for an improvement:

When fuel trucks do not have enough fuel left for filling an aircraft to 100%, they will just leave to fillat a fuel depot and the fueling process is marked at completed, even though the plane sometimes has fuel levels way below 50%.

In the short run this could be fixed by ordering another fuel truck to come to the plane.
In the long run it would be great to have a setting on when fuel trucks go to depots (currently it seems to be 10% of fuel left).

Edit: Saved this to Jira

2 Likes

@weddingcrasher, submit your idea to Jira to ensure the devs review and consider it: https://apoapsisstudios.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Still getting fined by the city for landings out of hours.

Will we be allowed to have flights over midnight, not after or before?

Ohhh, just noticed the truck is running away from its trailerā€¦ :astonished:

2 Likes

That is certainly a novel way to leave the fuel :joy::joy:

3 Likes

those trailers are scary!

1 Like

Did you research Night Flights? I did so and have not been penalizedā€¦

Yeah, night flights unlocked. I used to get both for take offā€™s and landings. Only on arrival now.

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue, and i also have night flights researched

OK will do, thanks!

still having 0/xxx showing on my flights.
Baggage trucks stuck at a gate
if i go back to non experimental version, will this affect my savegame ?

1 Like

Changed an update method for the trailers and that seems to play less well with larger airports, lol.

As for everything else, weā€™re reading it and am checking the Jira but to preserve our sanity we try to work a little bit less during weekends, hence fewer replies from us! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

the problem with having game players become game testers and troubleshooters is that you cannot control what is deemed a bug report/gameplay screwup or just frustration because it doesnā€™t work how you think it should.

Telling people to be quiet really is quite futile and ultimately absolutely nothing to do with you.

the devs have to accept the good with the bad, ultimately they are getting free testers, who paid for the game and unless they want to spend hard earned on more inhouse testers, it will remain so.

People will take absolutely no notice of posts like this be it valid or not, you should concentrate on exactly what you put in the post and ignore the fluff that is not in you control in anycase.

Good point. Maybe the game menu can get a pop-up on each boot;

ā€œThis game is in Alpha, bugs and non finished objects and interactions are part of the current gameplay. Report if able; LINKā€ - ā€œStart Gameā€.

Then again. If the Steam page wasnā€™t clear enough, iā€™m not sure what is.
Besides, itā€™s human nature to complain :wink:

2 Likes

Always make a copy of your save just in case. We cannot guarantee backwards compatibility from experimental to default as it will simply be too much work.

Regarding the ā€œboarding bugā€ we have discovered that lack of check in desks or heavy delays seem to be the leading cause of flights canceling boarding. There are checks in the system that verifies that passengers have actually checked in before a boarding can start. Similar to real life, so check your check in desks, we recommend at least 1 per stand however a medium flight will require 2 desks.

2 Likes

That makes sense, since new contract system I never have had warning message of ā€œlack of check in desksā€

1 Like

Fredrik, thanks your feedback. Should be delay problem then. I have 12 pairs of check-in desks, should be enough.