Airport CEO Alpha 25.1 released

Has anyone started a new game since the update? When I try to start a new game there are no construction contracts available. I can’t build anything.

F10 regenerate contracts?

I find since the last few versions, construction contracts don’t appear till a few hours into game time (not real time) AND there is construction demand.

1 Like

We’ve spent hours checking the reports on these bugs and in 95% of all cases it has not been a bug but layout related. Judging from your airport I can see that there are vast distances so that might be an issue, people simply don’t have enough time to walk but could also be related to too few check-in desks.

We’re prototyping a new kind of panel that’ll give you a lot more information on turnaround processes and where you’re actually missing out, to mitigate these kinds of reports. Even though it doesn’t seem like a bug from our perspective, it doesn’t make any sens from yours and that is what we need to fix.

Edit: We’re looking into the contract generation issue.

Welcome back! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll admit, I can have quite a walk from the check-in desks to the departure gate, but that’s real world airports too. I’ve spent 15 minutes or more walking from one gate to the next.

Do appreciate that you are looking in to this and giving us feedback about how we can mitigate it :heart_eyes:

I’d love to see a graph at some point to that shows passenger numbers and how they fluctuate in their coming and goings.

2 Likes

Definitely, stuff like that is things we’re looking at for the UI overhaul. And thank you for keeping us informed on what’s broken, or what seems broken! :stuck_out_tongue:

And as Fredrik said in a different topic, we’ve raised the thresholds for closing check-ins and boarding to facilitate larger airports. We’re really on the brim of what’s realistic here but we will try to balance both aspects.

1 Like

Not sure what counts as vast distances. This is my terminal layout:

I find almost no problems with check in and boarding and I also have the slider at 100% for passengers. I did try to make sure there was lots of room and also lots of check in desks and security so maybe that is the reason.

1 Like

Interesting layout, mines very similar. It’s not finished by any means, but…

PS If you look very close in there you can see the prototype livery of a VA ATR72 :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@FX2K

THIS!!, and a zoom to mouse cursor would be even better :wink:

1 Like

I like it. Mine evolved over about a dozen restarts. It was all about the smoothest flow, including separate runways for arrivals and departures which means they do not have to wait for each other.

That evolved over I don’t know how many versions. I have labeled at T8 meaning my eighth save, though I started and abandoned many more. There are four runways in there. You’re not seeing the two at the top. They mirror the bottom arrival and departure runways.

Planes taxing makes some of them run all the way around the lanes though at times. Argh!!!

Yeah, I mean that’s one interesting part of this project, we really don’t fully know at what layouts and distances the simulation engine performs best. A good guess is that layouts and rules that work well in real life should also work well in the game as the simulation engine is intended as a game play balanced replica of real life.

There are a lot of rules around the check-in and boarding procedures as I mentioned, we have several systems in place that check when it is logical to close a check-in or boarding, i.e. “if there are no queuing passengers in this queue and the time is 15 minutes after check-in should close, the check-in should close”. Same goes for boarding and a lot of other time based activities. These are the values we’ve done some tweaking on since you started reporting these kinds of “issues” (we did find a few smaller bugs too) and hopefully it should enable you to build airports with larger distances between key points such as check-in desks, security and boarding desks.

@Fredrik has altered these values, do you remember when check-in and such closes?

1 Like

Not something I kept an eye on really as I never found problems, other than the odd slow person when for example 55 out of 56 have boarded. Other than that it has always, except when other bugs like stuck vehicles come into it, worked well. I did tweak the time between flights to 80 minutes rather than 60 minutes when I grew the airport bigger but this was to allow for better separation on the runways at busy times as the scheduler does like to land several at the same time and it just allowed for any delays in landing

1 Like

Yes, the current condition (on Alpha 25.0-1) is that check in is attempted to be scheduled 2 hours before arrival. If this is not possible (no available check in desks), the system will continue until a desk becomes available. Once a check in is scheduled, the desk is open from 30 min to 120 min, depending on how many passengers is booked on the flight. If check in for some reason gets delayed more than 1 hour and there is still unchecked-in passengers, it will automatically close unless there are active passengers queuing in the line. Now once boarding is initiated a little later, it will check how many passengers are actually checked in and if that number is 0, it will automatically close and call boarding complete.

So as you understand the system is actually quite complex and has worked really well since release. For some unknown reason, we started getting reports of closed boarding with zero passengers, which could be traced back to zero passengers checked in. It could be because we now opened up night flights and the new flight planner, enabling the player to very easily over schedule the planner.

Now, the values are tweaked so that it should not happen in a normal airport but our advise is to start building up your airport and plan flights carefully to ensure you have good terminal design and infrastructure as well as sufficient desks, security checkpoints, employees and service vehicles. We are also considering a better, more detailed, panel to present the entire flow, so that you as the CEO will be able to follow each step of the way, not just only the ones concerning aircraft turnaround. This will hopefully be helpful in identifying weaknesses in the chain. Over and out :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How about a staff room for administrative staff near the check-in desks.

Do you guys know there are floor tiles to mark area’s, all that blackness on terminals makes my eyes hurt.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 25.1-0

Bug

• [ACEO-2966] - Shadows move in separate directions on take off
  • [ACEO-3305] - Null ref thrown on rare boarding scenarios
  • [ACEO-3327] - Changed saving order to prevent corrupt autosaves.
  • [ACEO-3348] - Still get charged for landing during restricted time despite having unlocked night flights.
  • [ACEO-3370] - Tweaked check in values to reduce the chance of no passengers boarding.

New Feature

• [ACEO-3376] - Beechcraft Baron 58 now implemented as GA and added to the mod kit
2 Likes

We’re aware of a launch issue with the Mac version. New deployment coming up soon.

Edit: Aaaaand it’s fixed. New version deployed for Mac on default branch.

2 Likes

Great update so far. Love the improved performance. Pan scrolling is now super fast :slight_smile: Started a new airport career and hope to leverage the new features to their full use.

1 Like

Hey guys, the big update was reason enough to start with a new airport. I love the new contract system - here are my impressions:

• i miss the bonus paychecks
  • to get a 2 star rated flight i have to upgrade a stand to asphalt or concrete, so i upgrade one small stand - but now i can schedule a 2 star rated flight to the other not upgraded stands

That’s it so far - i like the graphic update!!

Thank you guys - I Invest all in 27 hours in this game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone else notice the new BB58 aircraft doesn’t take off?