Airport CEO Alpha 25.4 released

Agreed with one and two, same here. Not yet built a subway.

Edit, now built a subway or two. Agree they stick outside. It’s like they cannot see the sidewalk.

Additionally: Every time you lauch a save file: Baggage system disables it.

1 Like

I’ve turned the baggage system off for now. No end of issues.

1 Like

Well, I think it’s better wait a patch to stabilize these problems.

Yep, that’s why it’s called experimental. But the feedback we all provide here is highly useful to Fredrick and Olaf to enable them to debug the issues those on the exp branch experience to ensure those that are on the stable branch, keep stable.

On my part, I’m just sharing experiences. Our dev’s are doing amazing jobs fixing thing so quickly. There may be times things don’t work, that’s to be expected on exp. things break, cool. We all help get to a better game in the end.

1 Like

My game has not updated I am still on 25’2’2 and I am on the experimental branch can anyone help me please I know I am missing something here but not sure what

The issue with “stuck” passenger outside subway entrances are no different than from “stuck” passengers outside bus stops, with the current legacy path finding system we are very conservative with the number of path requests we have a general passenger take meaning that if there are nothing for a passenger to do in a terminal (no food, shops or seats to go sit at) passengers will remain waiting wherever they’re currently at. So in short, to fix your large hoards of waiting passengers simply build more seating.

The new path finding system will enable us to be less conservative with path requests meaning that we’ll be able to implement more realistic features.

As for the other bugs, we’re currently working on your reports and will have a hotfix for the most common ones later today. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Olof, Nope. Sorry bud, but your answer is dismissive, perhaps, even wrong…

Right next to my subway entrance is a huge restaurant with lots of seating. It is completely ignored.

2 Likes

Dallas do you have any other seatings outside of that restaurant?

1 Like

Seating doesn’t need to be outside the restaurant to be used by non-restaurant ppl. At least, that’s been my experience in the past. (see image in my edited post).

Same at my terminal, have seats, restaurants and still get this. But if it is good for the path-finder, I like it, maybe just hold the PAX on an invisible position on the object and appear when they are processed.

I have the same situation I’m afraid. Is it because of the size of the subway being two and a half square? I know that should not make any difference but?? This is a rebuild also which is why it’s quite bare.

They can find there way out though okay.

Oh, I like the idea of having another PAX entree point on the map now. We now can build a layout with a 100% looped taxi way without the problem that the normal road cannot cross a taxi way.

Shhhushhhh. You weren’t’ meant to realise that was in the middle of the area :yum:

But yes that’s the idea. :grinning:

1 Like

“Demolishes all bus stops”

1 Like

And, many of the passengers in my stuck image, indicate that they want food, which is literally just a few meters away

Also, note again, I’ve seen thousands of passengers passing through the Subway, both coming and going. These poor folks are stuck in limbo. They got stuck during the building of the subways.

I’ve tried thee F10(Unoccupy all person nodes) to no effect. Even tried F10(Send all passengers home)

On the Plus side, I have over 5200 passengers and framerate is smooth. Like my bud Jasper, I’m starting to delete my million bus stops. I just deployed my Contractors. Of course, they’re not moving from their dropoff point. PLEASE, fix that non-working-contractor bug.

1 Like

A new wrinkle. I edited PersonData.json to remove all passengers; I assumed that would rid me of the problem. Reloaded game. Passengers immediately TRIED TO EXIT the Subway and got stuck again. After a few minutes, about 20 passengers suddenly burst forth from the pack.

And, as I’m watching now, hundreds more passengers are attempting to exit the subways, and just adding to the pack of stuck ppl. To quote from the Hobbit: You Shall Not Pass!

And, @Olof, none of the stuck passengers indicate ANY need; no food, no shops, no seating, no restrooms.

Sidebar: hundreds of pieces of luggage hanging about. It’s as if the passengers left them when they were taken away by The Rapture.

Sidebar: when I edited the JSON file, it eliminated the hundreds of passengers stuck in the restrooms. They DO NOT indicate that they need a bathroom break. They’re just there. Apparently they like to hang around bathrooms. And, they’re back again. Pervs.

Sidebar: all my franchise workers have gone missing. I guess they didn’t want to watch all those folks stuck at the Subway and felt sorry for them. Contracts are still active, though.

This just keeps getting better and better. To paraphrase from the original Star Wars: “This is not the fix you are looking for” LOL It’ll all be fixed, though. No problemo.

New symbol, that’s funny :smiley:

Franchise staff seem to do 1 shift and then are gone forever! Sad as quite fancied the bird working behind the till of my costa lol!!!

1 Like

Oh, update pulling in… :slight_smile:

Metro-queueing seems to be more limited atm, they move on faster now.

Some things never change though; how about forgetting to build runways for departure after building taxi-lanes ;), preferably before opening the terminal for PAX.