Alpha 35: MDK update!

Yeah you can’t make everything perfect :slight_smile: However what you can do is dividing Ryanair to smaller sub categories like;

Ryanair Sun
Ryanair Ireland
Ryanair Germany
Ryanair Switzerland

and so on.

1 Like

That’s how I rate my airlines:

0-1 (1-2 Star)
Low Cost Carrier or smaller airlines operating mainly just as Wet-Lease partner with almost no business class (Ryanair, Easyjet, Jota Aviation, Wamos Air, Hifly, Pobeda etc)

2 (3 Star)
Normal airlines which are not declared as low cost, operate also their own flights, may offer business class. Also typical leisure airlines.

3-4 (4-5 Star)
Flag carriers of a country or self declared large “premium” airlines providing a big business class or even first class.

2 Likes

For Mods like Emirates and ANZ I will be setting them to 5 star. My thoughts are what to do with the likes of Fiji. They seem to offer all the bells and whistles a 5 star carrier and they are a flag carrier but does in my head, have put them as a 3 star rating.

1 Like

i handle it as this too… and then also a “flag carrier” like Air Koryo still will get a low rating cause… it is allways rated low on skytrax and those portals…

1 Like

At the end I see it coming. Someone starts as example a German airport and wants Lufthansa as main carrier. But it’s rating requires much more infrastructure and it will never offer a contract or enough flights.
This will be the main “issue which is no issue” when the new rating system is out.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve already discussed this with @dawed regarding ANZ. I can see myself splitting this into a domestic and international mod with domestic at 3 star and International at 5 star.

2 Likes

I would say at least medium planes or so should be offered early as you need more time and money anyway to build large stands and infrastructure.

But at the end, I play mostly sandbox and I hope that there, this new rating system does not apply to much.

1 Like

Now that’s a great idea! @Rubble

1 Like

It’s not really and I’m loathe to do it till more is revealed about how the country code might be used.

2 Likes

@Fredrik is it planned to add Country Code to airport logos, and the other businesses too?

1 Like

i have made my own MDKs for PA28, Piper Cub, SF50 and WT9 and released it to the interested modders… some issues known: just 1 pax and passengers, baggage carts and ramp agents are walking under the plane… but they work on commercial stands…

if interested in MDK (available for Gimp and Photoshop), just PM me

YES, Alpha 37 will be making no Maple 737s in my Austrlian Airport and No American 1900Ds in my British Airport, also no Turkish 320s in my Hong Kong Airport. Is that correct?

Default airlines will still be flying from any airport around the World.

1 Like

That’s fine, at least mods are good