American Airlines and their fleet?

As some of you know, I work for a contractor representing AA at my local airport. I’ve heard all the wind and mud about AA… some people don’t like the fleet restructuring they’re doing, etc etc etc. With that being said, it’s known that AA has retired their MD-80/Maddog series. Do you think AA is missing the market by not jumping on the A220? Do you feel they could get away with retiring a large chunk of their aircraft?

1 Like

In my honest opinion, all the moves AA is making are going wrong, restructuring an airline with almost 1,000 aircraft in the fleet is not easy, in which case I am in favor of greatly reducing the fleet. With the arrival of Breeze Airways at American airports, the monopoly on regional flights is going to be destabilized, for me, AA has to focus much more on its long-distance destinations than on short-range ones, the reasons are simple, Breeze It is an LCC (actually I think it is ULCC), it has a new fleet, it will connect many more airports and it comes from the hands of the same founder of Azul Linhas Aereas and JetBlue.

1 Like

I heard yesterday that American Airlines is considering on ordering the A321 XLR. I feel as they should order this aircraft as it adds a lot more competition in the North American market, as well as the world. United Airlines has bought 50, and I do belive that this would be enough to push American Airlines to the brink of buying this plane. I don’t know though, what do you guys think?

Interesting you mention that. What aircraft do you think they should bring in or keep?

1 Like

American Airlines confirms order for 50 Airbus A321XLR planes | Reuters one year ago…

1 Like

Interesting…

1 Like

lol that was the article I found the information! :smiley: