Amount of luggage

Hi All,

since I came back from my break, luggage-handling-system/convey belt system has really improved! I really appreciate this progress!

But… :wink: … it feels as if the amount of luggage has massively decreased. Do I just remember wrong, or was there in change about it.

At my new built airport (30.9-1) there are e.g. ~ 6000 pax in my airport, but only 400-450 baggage items in the system.
Watching the flights, it seems that pax:luggage is rarely 55-60%, but mostly less then 50-40%.

No misunderstanding, especially under heavy load, I am fine with that, my ramp agents are often already struggling through this amount.
But compared to IRL it feels not correct.
Or am I wrong?

I suppose a ‘realistic’ pax:bax ratio is heavily dependent on the type of airline as well as the type of flight and distance. It would be nice to ultimately have cheap airlines with little baggage as well as flights to holiday destinations with tons of luggage.

1 Like

Which lead to possibilities for faster or slower check-ins which will add another layer of challenge to handle em, niceeee :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.