Are the big jets coming

Are we going to see big jets in this game if so when could we start testing them and also buying more land and running air ports own shops

Most likely I imagine, but much later. It’s only in alpha. The devs are prioritising bug fixes and optimisations before expanding assets, for which I believe they will be hiring an artist.

As for shops, that’s a matter for another discussion, but they definitely need some work. Contract-based shops just don’t seem to work well at the moment.

I think the game is great they have done so much since the release I am enjoying the game so far I can only see this getting better the longer it goes on

1 Like

Bigger jets in the future would be nice.

It would be nice seeing a B777 or B787, or even an A380! Many people’s current taxiways in airports, I feel like, would be too small though.

Taxiways directly next to stands? Boom! There goes an A380’s wing hitting the back of a plane or something.

They are coming, but we want to do it right, i.e. when we’ve moved further away from a buggy game engine and a smarter ATC. We have some new aircraft models in the pipeline though, more will be revealed on Monday! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks poor I am enjoying the game it just keeps getting better and better

I also think the Dev’s are waiting till they reach an optimisation level that works. Given a lot of players struggle with even limited airports, adding the big jets would only make things worse.

The latest update has made my current design a lot more responsive and playable. Given some on the forums have said that even a few medium stands brings there system to a crawl, I think the dev’s not rushing the bigger planes into the game is a good thing.

I’m 19 stands, avg 2000 PAX. I need to think how I will grow my airport. Bigger planes is not necessarily the answer for me.

But yes, a triple seven or a seven fourty seven I would love to have land at my airport.

1 Like

Nice I be looking into Monday can’t wait for the info! It’s been good year for new games!

1 Like

I am enjoying putting the new stuff in my airport a d looking forward for more to come and thanks to devs like olof for keeping us informed

1 Like

Waiting for my Saab 2000 :wink:

2 Likes

A late answer @ukdragon, as I’m sure you already saw, the Boeing 757 is coming to Airport CEO!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.