Arrival and departure separation through doors

Ah yes, thanks for making a visual of my thought. You could also have the entrance be straight ahead as it would be now. Yes, I realize this could affect current saves but lets face it, some of the various updates have caused issues with previous saves that we had to make adjustments too. I believe it would be minor.

I also would suggest making this split entrance/exit an optional upgrade for the gate. Would make sense for a domestic gate where arriving PAX enter the same terminal area as departures to have the same gate setup as presently available. If you have a gate to be used for international flights, or want to set it up as most European airports handle segregating arriving and departing PAX, you could add this split entrance/exit.

I am curious of the developerā€™s thoughts on this concept; it would of course take additional work on their part but just might be solution to appease many different peopleā€™s wants and wishes.

Very nice to know that my work can be useful to other people. Thanks :smile:

Quick point to make: without these doors, how do imagine arrival/departure separation for small stands which donā€™t have jetways? Same for remote stands, I know realistically airports solve this by loading/unloading passengers at different places, but this is probably too complicated (and user unfriendly) to implement in game.

remote stands will have specific bus stands assigments example arrivals and departures which devs confirmed on other thread

however for small stands - in real life - generally depends on what size of airport
in very small or tiny airports - you dont find separation example Barra airport dont have separation - just exit to airport cafe from airside via small office - when boarding - go through office to airside from airport cafe - so barra airport is like commuity cafe and airport in one

how do imagine arrival/departure separation for small stands which donā€™t have jetways?

The devs explained that:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.