Assign airline to stand [implemented]

Update from Apoapsis Studios

This feature request has now been implemented!

While this feature is now completed, future improvements and functionality may still be added over time.

:trophy: :medal_military: :champagne: :flight_departure:

It would be nice if we could reserve a stand for a specific airline.
Now i’m not talking about scheduling or anything, that would become very complicated very fast, but a single option on the stand itself.

When you open the stand window, there would be a drop down box where you can select an airline with which you have a contract.
the boarding desk and the checkin desks could then get the logo and name of that airline to indicate they are used by that airline.

When the check in desk is closed, the logo and airline name disappear again, so any check in desk could be used.

19 Likes

I would suggest to show/ assign the airlines in a separated view, like the belt/zones view.

That could work for the future. But it means more work :slight_smile: By doing it via the stand you can at least have the option to dedicate a stand to an airline.

Later on an overlay would be nice, so you are able to dedicate a whole section of your terminal to an airline. But even then you would want to be able to see on the stand what airline it’s dedicated to

If the planner would show the sign too and the autoplanner would only assign to the desk assigned to contract, it might work.

1 Like

Jet2 has a separate check in at Manchester so I deffo think airline specific check in desks would be good :+1:

4 Likes

And also an airline office to with the gates and checking desks

1 Like

Yes this!

I would really like to assign checkin desks to certain airlines, to help control the ridiculous lines that happen when a larger flight is leaving!

:tada: :smiley: :tada:

14 Likes

Dreams do come true, lol.

9 Likes