Baggage Claim and Baggage Bay

So I am thinking it would be useful to be able to attach more than one baggage bay to individual baggage claims areas. I run a cargo bay unit for each run of stands, which for me at the moment means 4. The current set up means they all need their own baggage claim, but this make it a more complicated set up in the terminal. It would be great to be able to send them to one big baggage claim area.

You can create a single bagage claim area/room, and then designate several “Bagage Claim” rooms inside of it, each with their own belt.

That is what I did in the end. It would be good to be able to send them to the one belt as it would be an easier layout. I have two areas now each with two belts.

Having more than 4 flights on one belt would be too clustered. You’d get backlogs and delays.

I build large belts :laughing: It just means less going on underground. The ideal for my setup would be one belt in each area rather than two. I could then join the underground parts together closer to the baggage bays and have one belt to the claim area.

I would like a baggage claim to be able to service more than one baggage bay. I Absolutely see a need for this now, as i build every airport gate with its own baggage bay to speed up turnaround.

1 Like

I didn’t try it myself, but I think as a workaround you could define the baggage claim areas just as a part of your long belt. Every baggage bay would then get some part of it.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.