Baggage Questions

Hi, I have a few questions on baggage…

Do you need one baggage bay per stand?
Can you merge arriving baggage onto one belt and then split out again into multiple areas?
Do small stands support baggage? I noticed they don’t do cleaning/catering…

I think I went overboard on my belts and had 16 Large stands with 16 Bays and 16 complete belt systems from bays to arrivals haha

OMG :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

1 Like

Is this the revised baggage setup for alpha 35?

1 Like

Do you need one baggage bay per stand? No, I have multiple stands (even large ones) allocated to one bay.
Can you merge arriving baggage onto one belt and then split out again into multiple areas? Yes
Do small stands support baggage? I noticed they don’t do cleaning/catering… Yes they do handle baggage

2 Likes

Hi, I need help as I completely broke my game after installing a second bagage bay.

My first idea was to set small stand onto the 2nd bay, and my medium stand on the 1st one.
I connected everything correctly, then Ied start receiving messages that some bagagge was sent to wrong bay.

I understood that my idea was not possible to split bay by areas of the airport.

So I changed everything placing the arrivals on one bay and the departure on the new ones.
my game don’t work anymore since. Seems the second idea is not good neither, It was even worse.

So how to do , what did I do wrong ?

small stands onto one bay and medium stands on another bay should have worked correctly, but the problem is that I have 2 areas of check-in. One main floor where I have the small stands and a second area of check-in underground closer to my medium stands.

And it seems the issue is that flight are set on whatever check-in available.

Is there a way for me to select the undergound ones to be linked to medium areas flight ?

To make baggage work you must connect the stands, the baggage claim, AND the check-in desks to the bay. For the claim and desks make sure there is a viable belt to get them to the bay (or in the case of the claim, out from the bay). Due to the fact that you can technically connect stands to check-in desks (by connecting both to a baggage bay) experts like me use that to make multiple terminals so you can make small stands go to one bay and medium to another.

Also could you provide a few more pictures please? Preferably of the above ground system

Do you need one baggage bay per stand?

No, you can connect as many stands as you want to a single baggage bay. However it will lead to delays. So optimal number is; 5-6 medium stands (8-9 Small and 3 Large) per baggage bay.

Can you merge arriving baggage onto one belt and then split out again into multiple areas?

Yes, Tilt Trays are there for you.

Do small stands support baggage? I noticed they don’t do cleaning/catering…

They support.

1 Like

Perhaps a small addition:
I’m handling 16 large stands with 4 baggage bays perfectly - if I keep an eye on not planning fights all at the same time.
Same for medium stands. If flightplanner doesn’t schedule all flights arrival within one hour, or so, up to 8-9 medium stands per baggage bay are fine, too.

To sum it up: depending on how tight your flights are schedueled, even more or less than these numbers are possible.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.