Baggage solution query

Hi all! I’m expanding my airport and have built a second baggage bay. However, I was hoping to do the setup shown below but I can’t figure out how to, if it’s possible, to set one check-in desk to multiple baggage bays.
Is this setup possible or do I have to split the check-in desks between the two? If so, how can I be sure that the right stands/gates are served from the right baggage bay?

Red is departing baggage and green is arriving baggage.

I believe the check in desks must be connected to a baggage bay. The method I found to work best is to count the number of gates per baggage bay, and then set the number of check in stands for each baggage bay. In this example, I would place 6 check in desks on baggage bay 1, and 6 on baggage bay 2. You can still have all check in desks go to one tilt tray though, but make sure in the menu to select the correct baggage bay. Good luck!

1 Like

This is all doable but you have to split your check-in desks between bays. E.g. if you have 8 sets of desks, you need to connect 4 to Bay 1 and 4 to Bay 2. They can physically feed into the same baggage belt and then you’ll use tilt trays set to “To Destination” later on to split them between bays.

I build sort of what you’re looking for here, but I just haven’t utilised the further baggage bays yet. But a similar set up will work, as long as you split the connections of your check in banks between the bays :slight_smile:

Thank you very much my dudes! Great explanations :smile::ok_hand:t2:

We need counters on the menu of baggage area’s, like the total connected stands and total amount of check-in desks connected, then it would be easier.

1 Like