Baggage Trucks not honouring terminal assignment

So I’ve set up two large terminals, one handling GA Planes, the other medium aircraft. They each have their own vehicle garages and I have a number of baggage trucks divided to each.

Problem number one is that even though you can assign a truck to a garage, the terminal vehicle assignment part is independent of this. This means that if you reassign trucks from one terminal to another they stay in their garage and you’ll have to then switch their main garage to be local to that terminal as a separate task. Not massively ideal.

Problem two, however, is even if you did that, I’m finding that trucks assigned to a specific terminal will still unload baggage in the other. ie, if my trucks are assigned Terminal 2, they would still be assigned tasks to unload planes landing in Terminal 1, however far away it is. How come? I would have thought Trucks assigned to Terminal 2 would only be unloading Terminal 2’s flights and not go wandering off?

Cheers.

2 Likes

I’ve had this happening at my latest airport as well. Bagage trucks will go to load/unload planes on the other terminal even though several bagage trucks are available and closer bij the planes

1 Like

This has been happening to me as well.

1 Like

It happens with everything. I’ve been having depot/parking lot allocated vehicles (Fuel trucks, Stair trucks, Baggage trucks, Pushback trucks and Belt loaders) wandering all over the place…

The way the terminal assignment job task system relationship work is that vehicles that are assigned to a specific terminal can only park within that terminal and can only pick up job task originating from that terminal. The job task assignment part originates from where the vehicle’s job task is first started, i.e. for the cargo loading the first point of entry will be the position of the assigned baggage bay and for the cargo unloading it will be the section of the stand where the aircraft is parked. Thus, whatever part of a terminal covering that specific area for either the stand or the baggage bay will be determining what assigned service truck is allowed to take that job. Does that make any sense? It’s difficult for me to say exactly what is going on there but maybe this explanation can shed some detail on the issue, but it could also very well be a bug.

1 Like

It seems a bit buggy, as I have a fuel truck assigned to a parking structure in Terminal 1 answering a fuel call in Terminal 2 - the Terminal 2 trucks are sitting cosy and warm in their Depot. I have Baggage trucks from Terminal 2 picking up baggage from the Terminal 1 Baggage bay and delivering them to a stand in Terminal 1, with unused Terminal 1 Baggage trucks in the Parking Lot. And those are just the examples that I can recall off the top of my head…

Can you take a few screens of the area, with terminal overlay enabled, and mark out where the vehicles are parked and where they fetch jobs from?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.