Better ATC (ILS, radar, ground radar and ATC emloyee)

Yeah, I’ve read and seen videos. They are not the only ones it seems.

I might actually add ATC employee to this too, now that I think about it.

2 Likes

Yes please. There is a separate Staff / board feature topic that could tie in nicely

2 Likes

Let’s get our planes running around our taxiways a LOT better. :heart_eyes:

I’d suggest changing your title a little. This is more than just employees. It’s a whole system for ground control and everything else. You title does not really make that clear.

1 Like

I would, but there already is a topic for better ATC, and Im not sure if we dont contradict each other.

Air traffic controllers work multiple short shifts (so i have read) which means that a minimum number of air traffic control staff members would be needed to ensure the airport remained operational over a 24hr period on a heavy rotation. This need be nothing more than employed staff that draw a salary and come and go every 8 hours, but the atc tower should not be able to operate without a mimimum

1 Like

Better yet, With more staff you can handle more traffic.
On a 4 hour rotation you need at least 1 ground controller and 1 arrival / departure controller. If you want to expand beyond a certain size (i.e. multiple runways) you would need more staff

1 Like

This is comprehensive with good thought discussions. My vote is here.

Let’s make it work and get more votes.

1 Like

Well, thanks to everyone who voted for this suggestion. We gained some 47 votes, which is not that bad. Obviously this suggestion is not big, nor shiny or popular. I have never expected it to get many votes or win. So, thanks again and see you (maybe) in the second round.

EDIT: Too soon isnt it ? I got confused and thought the voting in going to close today. Sorry for the weird post.

2 Likes

Hi, I like the idea of including several instruments and making them required to operate the airport in bad weather conditions, beyond a certain size of simply to provide enough safety measures to get premium/better company contracts.

I just want to chip in with my thoughts on the ATC employees. Afaik, ATC services are not handled by the airport, but rather by a national institution responsible for the safe operation of air traffic (including area control centers etc.). So, instead of hiring the ATC staff directly, the airport should only be responsible for allowing the ATC employees to reach their workplace, and possible add some extra services (staff rooms etc.), as well as maintain relations with the national institution, for example via an upgradable/modifiable contract.

1 Like

I know this feature has been requested over a year ago, and probably low on the list of priorities, but the concept of a better ATC is really interesting. I know people mentioned (here and in other similar feature suggestions) that ATC isn’t part of managing the Airport, but I would really like to see some basic ground control actions as well - clearing for push back, takeoff, which run way to use, etc. It may add a bit more complexity, and drift away from the simulation of gameplay, but it could be optional for those who want more!

One of the more recent devblogs said that ATC size will affect airfield operations in some way as part of Alpha 34.

Other aspects of ATC could potentially be incorporated into Alpha 36 (eg. “better ATC” results in less disruption to operations in the event of an emergency) but there’s nothing specific about any ATC stuff happening as part of Alpha 36

1 Like

maybe better atc stuff (ils radar etc) could reduce the chance of anything happening when emergancys are added

this does sound cool. something to defiantly add

Ya I’m liking this a ton

Maybe better would be max amount of flights per atc (like 5 for small and 15 for large)

1 Like

Ok, so a few things have changed. I am not sure if all of the stuff I suggested will just come anyway, but I will still put this topic forward. We already have an ILS tower model in game, so lets just make it actually work.

1 Like

I’ve been looking forward for an interactive ATC feature since I started playing ACEO. I made a similar request back in the past (Communication Audios & Taxiway Codes), and now the Feature Voting came in, hoping that they can at least take in consideration. Also putted a in-depth explanation in general, but yep… Thumbs up! \o/

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.