Big bird, before and after and world editing tutorial

before BB, “i have too much space” after BB; “i don’t have enough space” anyone else have this? :sweat_smile: :rofl:

(start scrolling for tutorial)

2 Likes

Nah, i modified my savegame from 700x700 to 2500x2500 :smirk: .
If you don’t mind the blue background t’s pretty nice, and the big bird updates made things smoother to load.

Could you post the file so I can download that?

just edit the world size in your aiprort saved file

I can’t open the save file as I don’t have a correct app to open it so I could save the default file then add the other one

download a free json file editor. I use Smart JSON Editor for Mac. it makes it very simple to find and edit json file info.

how do you do that for windows 10?

go into the files for the game. not sure the location is on PC. but for MAC it is:

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨"User" ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨unity.Apoapsis Studios.Airport CEO⁩ ▸ ⁨Saves ▸ ⁨"Airprot Name" ▸ ⁨GameData.json

open it up and go to airport data > World size and change the two 700 x/y numbers to larger numbers

without a json editor, it would look more like this

is it possible to do this if the game is running?

Isn’t the z coordinate height? Because then we can add more floors

yeah, but don’t save when exiting and reloading. saving it would I’m sure overwrite it again with 700s
Pretty sure you would have to reload it.

saving my game now before edditing

save it twice so you have a backup just in case

good idea, doing it now

I tried putting 4 for z and still only shows up to floor 3 or floor -2 only. not sure what the z is for

I’m making more room the moment I can go on my PC

Z is supposed to be depth

how do i put ACEO into the JSON?

what do you mean?

how i tried; open file, double click "airport CEO’ under “desktop” error; catastrophic failure.
what am i doing wrong?

EDIT: i’m using the Windows 10 ver of ultra edit